my power supply light turned solid red and cant figure out what to do

Discus and support my power supply light turned solid red and cant figure out what to do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my controller is blinking and wont' turn on and the xbox won't either 09d6c8bd-aee6-47f2-afad-13fa3f371251 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OuterSiren34260, Jun 1, 2014.

1. my power supply light turned solid red and cant figure out what to do

my controller is blinking and wont' turn on and the xbox won't either

:)

OuterSiren34260, Jun 1, 2014
  2. 4 red rings

yes i tried a different outlet and the light just keeps blinking. I also tried my brothers xbox because his power supply light was still solid after the storm. the xbox turned on but the 4 red rings came up. But i know everything was plugged in correctly.
    Then when we plugged back in my brothers xbox to his power supply and turned it on he had the 3 red rings. very crazy

xRIP Assassinx, Jun 1, 2014
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    AC converter issue?

Yes, I understand that, that means that there is an issue with the power supply and it needs to be replaced.

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced.

HassanB, Jun 1, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

please try the possible solutions on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply

If not of them work then you will need to request a replacement power supply, like mentioned at the last topic on the link.

WPAK, Jun 2, 2014
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

please try the possible solutions on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply

If not of them work then you will need to request a replacement power supply, like mentioned at the last topic on the link.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES A BEEP AND THE POWER BRICK TURNS RED

Check the light on your power supply

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox 360 No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply
    warranty is the same as your console warranty).
  7. HassanB Win User

AC converter issue?

Yes, I understand that, that means that there is an issue with the power supply and it needs to be replaced.

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced.
  8. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

Hi Kai Que,

On the console, is it blinking or solid red light? A blinking red light on the power button means that your console doesn’t have enough ventilation. The red light will continue to blink until the console cools down. If solid red around the power button,
    it is possible that you will need to replace the console.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/power-button-blinks-red

On Power supply, flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).
  9. VENOM MDK Win User

My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

Darknessx03,

When your Xbox shuts down what color is the light on the power brick? It might be that your power brick needs to be replaced.

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox No Power Solution

Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply
Thema:

1. my power supply light turned solid red and cant figure out what to do - Similar Threads - power supply light

2. Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.: Hello, I'm Alex (Alessandro) from Italy. 1 month ago I bought an used Japanese Xbox 360 (mint condition) from a Japanese Ebay seller (100% positive feedbacks). This console is only 100-110v (in...
  3. If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...: If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box?? e1f77642-3808-42b4-9e32-12fb9e7b46f4
  4. How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply: How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply 8320572b-fb47-45a5-bd0b-0fa5d2c454b7
  5. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  6. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  7. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  8. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  9. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  10. So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...: Please just help me and tell me how to fix it d7e88903-1e95-456d-a530-c8c112f6a8ba