My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together

Discus and support My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been stuck on how to fix this problem. When I plug in my headphones my mic won't work at all even though it's connected with the headphone, I made... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tori_21, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Tori_21
    Tori_21 Guest

I've been stuck on how to fix this problem. When I plug in my headphones my mic won't work at all even though it's connected with the headphone, I made sure my mic wasn't muted and still nothing. I even tried putting my headphones in the microphone slot and it won't let me hear and it didn't allow me to make noise saying 0% volume. So, I'm going to buy an audio splitter so hopefully that will fix it. If I find out that's the reason I'm going to cry.

:)

Tori_21, Aug 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TORI

Is this happening on Xbox, right?
    If that's the case, which one do you have?

And, do you have another controller or a different headset to test this?
    This helps us to isolate a bit more the issue
  3. lanikane Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

@Monty Airline

How did you manage do use Kinect as mic while your headphones are connected to the controller? As soon as I plug in my headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter my Kinect won't work as mic anymore... Strange thing is, this also happens if my headphones
    don't have an integrated mic
  4. StephM16 Win User

Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.

The mic that’s on my headphones. I have bose and i tried apple and some others as well. Directly into the 3.5mm audio jack. Mic works on all headphones when plugged into my phone.
  5. Freddy_twotimes Win User

Audio headphones/Turtle beach streaming mic

Hi there,

When the audio headphones are plugged into the AV receiver, there is game sound, but I cant hear anyone in my party chat. I only see their gamertag show up in the chat overlay. They hear me thru the stream mic just fine. In Halo 5, setting audio to Speaker,
    or to Headphones doesnt change anything.

If I plug the headphones into the Turtle Beach stream mic, its onboard amplifier does a decent job driving the audio headphones, since the stream mic is powered via USB, but the amplifier is low quality by comparison to my AV receiver. I only got the stream
    mic so I could use my AV receiver to listen to my audio headphones in online gaming. I never expected or planned on using it to power the headphones.

Can I even can plug the Sennheiser game headphones into the AV receiver and the Mic into the controller now? If this stream mic is already connected to the XBOX via USB, and chat is only available when the headphones are connected into the stream mic and
    both run to the XBOX wired via USB, is it correct to assume that PC gaming headphones with a built in mic also cannot be split (the mic connected to the controller and chat sound coming through the AV receiver)? Im starting to think both the headphones and
    the mic must be connected to the controller together, communicating to the XBOX wirelessly, or ill just get game sound through the headphones and no chat like I am niw with this set up?
  6. killgamekray187 Win User

Home Page of my XBOX 1S shows a muted mic...HELP!!!

I have tried many ways and several times to unmute the mic icon on the top right corner of my homepage. My headphones, nor my mic works. My controller is wireless but my headphones/mic plugs directly into the xbox controller. It was working fine
    a few days ago and now it's not working at all. The headset is new. Any ideas?
    Try turning the xbox off and then turn the console back on with your mic already plugged into your controller. If that doesnt work try going into settings and see if updating the controller works
Thema:

1. My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together - Similar Threads - plug headphones mic

2. I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and...: I have had my Xbox one s plugged in for about two weeks and I just plugged it back in and it won’t turn on. There’s no sound or anything. Somehow it’s seems dead what do I do?...
  3. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  4. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  5. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  8. Where do I plug in my wire headphone if I play keyboard and mouse on an Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I plug in my wire headphone if I play keyboard and mouse on an Xbox ?: Am getting a keyboard and and mouse but play on Xbox where would I plug in my wired headphones b52f0190-7933-4520-afb3-bbb8ab3be171
  9. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in: When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...