My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account

Discus and support My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to add my Phone number on my account and when i Type in the code and my password in their a message saying that it can't add my phone and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nathan Mcgee-Johnson, Jan 11, 2024.

1. My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account

I am trying to add my Phone number on my account and when i Type in the code and my password in their a message saying that it can't add my phone and i need it for Microsoft rewards

:)

Nathan Mcgee-Johnson, Jan 11, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Nathan. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This forum only provides technical support for Xbox devices and services. Since we are unable to access account details on this forum, please get in touch with Microsoft Support, that way the correct support can help you: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Microsoft rewards not recognising phone number

Hello Mickrosoft,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Here are a few more things you can try:

Wait and try again later: Sometimes, issues like this can be temporary and may be resolved on their own. So, it's worth waiting a few days and trying again later to see if the problem persists.

Contact Microsoft Rewards customer support again: It's possible that the previous representatives you spoke with were not able to resolve the issue. Try contacting customer support again and explaining the steps you've already taken. Hopefully, they'll be able to offer a solution or escalate the issue to a higher level of support.

Check if there are any account issues: Make sure there are no issues with your Microsoft Rewards account. Check your account settings and see if there are any warnings or notifications about your account.

Use a different device or internet connection: Try redeeming your rewards from a different device or internet connection, such as a different computer or a mobile device using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi.

Wait for an update: It's possible that there may be an issue with the Microsoft Rewards system that is affecting multiple users. In such cases, Microsoft may be working on a fix, and the issue may be resolved in a future update.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck
    Regards
  4. alexbarton1 Win User

Strangers email address on my xbox account

I'm sorry but didn't help

The account access doesnt recognise my email address, says no account exists. I'm using a family members account to post and answer this question.

Someone has put their email to my gaming tag.

I'm trying to find a phone number to ring them
  5. marmite8 Win User

linked microsoft and PSN account

I think it is the same email. I went on minecraft on my phone (previously was logged into the same microsoft account) and i proceeded to try and sign in and it recognised me and it said that it sent an email to (the old email address) and it had my number with this email as well. However the email that i supposedly used is actually an icloud account which is my own stupid fault for when i made it. This problem is possibly not fixable.
  6. spikeylizard Win User

xbox elite 2 broken but can't get help

why don't you understand I've done the call back thing but it doesn't recognise my phone number it keeps giving me an error message
Thema:

1. My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Phone Number recognising

2. how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?: how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number? 4210b371-f93f-4d4b-84e0-3e40ee3e6b89
  3. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  4. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  5. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  6. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  7. Phone number

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phone number: The phone number that I used to create the account. I no longer have it so I would like to remove it ec9397a7-b602-4369-a8b2-eb333da01903
  8. cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.: so i have no longer got access to my email as it was hacked and i no longer have my 2fa codes available as number is long gone and my alt email ive tried to recover through but microsoft will not...
  9. I lost my phone number

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my phone number: Hello I don’t have access to the number I used to sign up with and now I can’t get past the first step of verification and I’ve tried the account recovery form and I’ve been rejected twice is...
  10. Microsoft rewards not recognising phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft rewards not recognising phone number: So my Microsoft account has back up email and phone number attached but when I go to redeem rewards I get to a screen where Microsoft wants to confirm my identity by sending me an SMS but this...