My phone number is broken and I can't recover it. How do I change my number?

Discus and support My phone number is broken and I can't recover it. How do I change my number? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My phone number is broken and I can't recover it. How do I change my number? 741027ca-5a30-43b2-aff7-d36afb4986e6 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Omsin Oyuwatthana, Jul 3, 2023.

1. My phone number is broken and I can't recover it. How do I change my number?

:)

Omsin Oyuwatthana, Jul 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Omsin!

Do you still know your account password but stuck on the verification process where it asked you to get a code from your phone number? If that's the case, you cannot simply change it due to its security measures in place.

Simply try to sign in your account to https://account.microsoft.com website. If it asked you to verify your account which you cannot do anymore as your phone number is broken, select the other option there that says "I don't have any of these" so it will take you to the procedure on how to update it or how to access your account back. Just follow the step by step procedure.

Thanks,
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

How do I change my phone number

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

As you have already been provided with the best response in regard to this topic, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  4. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

How do I change my phone number

1. Sign in to your account using your existing alias and password.
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. You may be asked to verify your account before changes can be made. Follow the instructions provided to select your alias:
      • Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. You’ll be returned to the previous screen. Select Verify and
        follow the instructions provided.
      • Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and
        then select Next.
        Note Email addresses and phone numbers that are already an alias on another account can’t be used.

It can take up to 48 hours for the change to be implemented across all Microsoft services. If you sign in to your Microsoft account on an Xbox One console by using your Kinect sensor, you might temporarily
    be asked to manually sign in with a controller. If you're still being asked to manually sign in after 2 days, try removing your account from the console and then adding it back.
    You can use any email address or phone number you have listed as an alias to sign in. To make it harder for someone to break into your account, change your sign-in preferences to turn off any alias
    you don't want used to sign in.
  5. CarpetElf Win User

Account Recovery Failure

I have done both but to no avail. My recovery phone number has since changed and since I can't log in, I can't change the number.
  6. skl . Win User

How do I change my phone number on my Microsoft account?

To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Account website (https://account.microsoft.com/) and sign in with your current credentials.
    2. Click on the "Security" tab at the top of the page.
    3. Under the "Security basics" section, click on "Update info" next to the phone number.
    4. Enter your new phone number and select whether you want to receive the security code via text or call.
    5. Enter the security code you receive and click "Next".
    6. You will see a message confirming that your phone number has been updated.

That's it! Your phone number associated with your Microsoft account is now updated.
    When i’m clicking on security it’s asking me to verify through my old not accessible number, any help?
Thema:

1. My phone number is broken and I can't recover it. How do I change my number? - Similar Threads - phone number broken

2. how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?: how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number? 4210b371-f93f-4d4b-84e0-3e40ee3e6b89
  3. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  4. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  5. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  6. My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account: I am trying to add my Phone number on my account and when i Type in the code and my password in their a message saying that it can't add my phone and i need it for Microsoft rewards...
  7. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  8. Phone number

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phone number: The phone number that I used to create the account. I no longer have it so I would like to remove it ec9397a7-b602-4369-a8b2-eb333da01903
  9. cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.: so i have no longer got access to my email as it was hacked and i no longer have my 2fa codes available as number is long gone and my alt email ive tried to recover through but microsoft will not...
  10. I lost my phone number

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my phone number: Hello I don’t have access to the number I used to sign up with and now I can’t get past the first step of verification and I’ve tried the account recovery form and I’ve been rejected twice is...