My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me

Discus and support My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On July 14 Around 37 days ago I closed a account with my personal email one which I wish to put on my actual account. I waited the 30 days and another... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ryder A, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Ryder A
    Ryder A Guest

My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me

On July 14 Around 37 days ago I closed a account with my personal email one which I wish to put on my actual account. I waited the 30 days and another 7 so that I can swap my emails around but it keeps giving me the prompt: "That email is already taken" which is false as there is no account as its been deleted by me because I thought that would get me my email back.

I've tried resetting it and going back to see if the old account is gone but it is and yet it still says that the email is already taken. I'm so confused and Microsoft apparently doesn't offer any help related to accounts so here I am.

I really have no clue what to do anymore, I think I can still re-activate that account but that means even more customer support so is there anything anyone here can do to help me?

:)

Ryder A, Aug 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Ryder A,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you have requested an account to be closed and trying to recycle the email account and is unable to because of the error message. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you trying to reuse the email account that you requested to close?

2. Did you try to reopen your Microsoft account that you requested to close?

3. What was the problem with your Microsoft account that you requested to close?

4. Are you able to access the security information of your account that you requested to close? If you forgot your account info and had to reset your security info, you must wait 60 days before closing your account.

If you close your Microsoft account, there's a 60-day grace period during which you can change your mind and reopen your account. After 60 days, your Microsoft account will be permanently deleted. See what happened when account is closed through this link: How to close your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

For your other reference, see: Reopen your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Ryder A,

Thank you for confirming that you are trying to reuse the email account. Yes, that is correct and as what KindGryphon has mentioned that we cannot reuse email account once it has been closed or deleted especially if you are using a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or Outlook.com.

If you have requested to close the account and it is still below 60 days you can still reopen the account. See; Reopen your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

4. Ryder A Win User

Well that explains it then thank you, I didn't even know you couldn't re-use Emails Thank you
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Well that explains it then thank you, I didn't even know you couldn't re-use Emails Thank you
    You're welcome. No problem
  6. KindGryphon Win User

On July 14 Around 37 days ago I closed a account with my personal email one which I wish to put on my actual account. I waited the 30 days and another 7 so that I can swap my emails around but it keeps giving me the prompt: "That email is already taken" which is false as there is no account as its been deleted by me because I thought that would get me my email back.

I've tried resetting it and going back to see if the old account is gone but it is and yet it still says that the email is already taken. I'm so confused and Microsoft apparently doesn't offer any help related to accounts so here I am.

I really have no clue what to do anymore, I think I can still re-activate that account but that means even more customer support so is there anything anyone here can do to help me?
    As far as i am aware, unless something has changed, Microsoft doesn't recycle emails when you close an account so you wouldn't be able to reuse the same Microsoft email to create a new account.
Thema:

1. My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me - Similar Threads - Personal Email Trapped

2. Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....: I wanna to talk with xbox live support with real person no robot chat or email . I wanna real person. Steps ?? 4b36af77-3246-4432-9d90-898650bb266e
  3. Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email: Hello, I currently have a Microsoft work account linked to my certification. As I might be changing companies soon, I'm wondering if I'll still have access to that account. Additionally, I have...
  4. think my personal account was hacked, email seems not to exist anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    think my personal account was hacked, email seems not to exist anymore: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was trying to verify my identity with a discord server, was going to send a verification code on my phone which i did not...
  5. Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?: So I'm currently trying to change my Xbox account email address to a new one, the thing is this current address i used to create my Facebook account and other stuff which I really need, will...
  6. I have forgotten my quesiton however email belongs to deceased person. How do I recover my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten my quesiton however email belongs to deceased person. How do I recover my...: My email address was my mothers however she has passed away and I do not have access to that email anymore. I have been trying to recover my account however the form you fill out states I'm not...
  7. How do I contact a live person or email someone

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I contact a live person or email someone: I need a person to talk to 339f41ee-3659-4df6-ba8e-65d22cb27cdc
  8. If a person who won a sweepstakes, does not check their email at all, does the winner go to...

in XBoX on Windows
    If a person who won a sweepstakes, does not check their email at all, does the winner go to...: Like, say someone won a sweepstake but never checked their email at all whatsoever, does the winner go to someone new? 2222fd3a-60b1-4e87-ab88-9dda4fc067c4
  9. How to file a complaint over phone or through email speaking to a real person

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to file a complaint over phone or through email speaking to a real person: How to file a complaint over phone or through email as your support is useless and a waste of time if I can't get through then filing with the bbb is my only way 442482e9-9e37-4f12-85f9-98918c71dbd2
  10. How do I speak with a real person instead of waiting on an email?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I speak with a real person instead of waiting on an email?: My minecraft account has been breached by someone. They claim to have something called a "refresh token" and I want them to not have access anymore. Although if I wait the multiple days it takes...