My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

Discus and support My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work. I would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Navid Nazari, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Navid Nazari
    Navid Nazari Guest

My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work.

I would appreciate any help you could give me, so the receiver will function as a receiver and connect to my controller.

Thank you in advanceAlso I use Windows 11 which I think is the issue because it would work with earlier versions of Windows.

:)

Navid Nazari, Jun 25, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Navid Nazari,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The reason why your PC identifies your newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller is because the receiver and the controller use the same driver. The receiver is essentially a bridge between your PC and your controller, so it needs to be recognized as a controller by your PC. This does not affect the functionality of the receiver or the controller, as long as they are properly paired and synced. To pair your controller with your receiver, follow these steps:

1. Plug the receiver into a USB port on your PC. You should see a green light on the receiver.

2. Press and hold the sync button on the receiver until it starts flashing.

3. Turn on your controller and press and hold the sync button on the top of it until it starts flashing.

4. Wait for a few seconds until the lights on both the receiver and the controller stop flashing and stay solid. This means they are paired and ready to use.

5. You can repeat this process for up to four controllers per receiver.

Please see: Set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Navid Nazari Win User

Hello and thank you for your time.

Unfortunately even after trying the recommended steps several times the receiver and the controler will not recognise each other.

I have checked the controller with the console and it was working I have also tried these steps using another controller and the results were the same.

And as for the receiver, I believe it only stopped functioning correctly after I updated my Windows to 11 so that's why I believe the problem arises from the drivers being automatically installed with the Windows.
  5. Mr MB Nobody Win User

Controller not found in joy.cpl

6. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller xbox360 per pc

Hi,

Unfortunately unlike the Xbox One controllers, the wireless Xbox 360 controllers remain wireless regardless of whether you connect them to a PC with a Play and Charge. You can't make an Xbox 360 wireless controller a wired controller.

If you want to use your 360 wireless controller on a PC you'll need to buy an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.
Thema:

1. My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller - Similar Threads - identifies newly bought

2. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  3. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices...
  4. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  5. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  6. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  7. That there are Hardware Identifiers that are altering your Fortnite game and you don't know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    That there are Hardware Identifiers that are altering your Fortnite game and you don't know...: Everytime when i try to play a tournament in fortnite this message pops up e9719f6c-cb43-440d-864f-26a4d211c042
  8. Can you Identify my Xbox 360 Model?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you Identify my Xbox 360 Model?: I recently just got a Xbox 360 and I am wondering which power supply I need to get. It is white, with a white disc tray. It also has a HDMI port and was manufactured in May of 2008. Is this a...
  9. My xbox and PC are incorrectly identified as being in a region that doesn't support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox and PC are incorrectly identified as being in a region that doesn't support...: Both the Xbox app on windows and my series X tell me that cloud play is unsupported in my region, which is not true. It stopped working about a month ago and my friend living in the same town has...
  10. can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial #

in XBoX Accessibility
    can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial #: can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial # f870abc2-fab9-4859-b0e7-26a531bbc0fa