My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video

Discus and support My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep having these type of drops in mostly every game i play(CS2,Fortnite,Valorant but valorant rarely to be honest) so idk whats causing it and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ahmed taimour, Dec 8, 2023.

1. My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video

I keep having these type of drops in mostly every game i play(CS2,Fortnite,Valorant but valorant rarely to be honest) so idk whats causing it and i dont know if its hardware issue or software issue and if i can find it with some kind of a program that provides logs that tells me what happens in that exact moment to the pc.... here is a clip that happens in game: https://youtu.be/sQ-0Oc9GIWI

Specs:

5600x

Rtx 3070 ti

Corsair vengence pro 16gb

b550m mortar

psu evga 750W gold

:)

ahmed taimour, Dec 8, 2023
  2. ahmed taimour Win User

Hi again Another solution based on my experience that I can recommend is that if you have win 11 try the win 10 pro version, that has been the solution to several of my problems as it currently has better compatibility than 11 and does not have so many bugs and then update all your drivers with a program called Driverbooster.
    I already have Win 10 pro edition
  3. ahmed taimour Win User

I tried recording the logs with hwinfo64 but i cant really know whats wrong bcuz honestly i cant read logs XD
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hi again Ahmed

In this case, in my experience, there may be problems with the hard drive, RAM or the processor itself. It is also most likely that the problem is with your computer. These high levels can also be due to overheating because the cooling does not work correctly or lack of maintenance of the equipment. I recommend taking it to a technical service. And check all those hardware components and, of course, clean them.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Ahmed, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

From the video you have provided, it appears that your PC freezes for a quick second when the GPU and CPU usage drops. This is a common problem that can be caused by a variety of factors, such as:

1. Software problems: These problems can be caused by outdated drivers, incompatible applications, or malware.

2. Hardware issues: These issues can be caused by faulty components such as the GPU, CPU, or RAM.

To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Update your GPU and CPU drivers. You can download the latest drivers from your hardware manufacturer's website.

2. Check for incompatible applications. Close all applications you are not using when playing. You can also try uninstalling apps that you don't use frequently.

3. Perform a malware scan. Use an antivirus or antimalware program to scan your PC for malware.

4. Reset the BIOS to default values. This can help correct any incorrect settings that may be causing the problem.

5. Test your hardware. If you have tried all the other steps and the problem persists, you may have a faulty component. You can test your hardware using a diagnostic tool or taking it to a repair center.

Here are some programs you can use to collect logs to tell you what's happening on your PC at that exact moment:

1. MSI Afterburner: This tool allows you to monitor the performance of your hardware, including temperature, clock speed, and GPU and CPU usage. It also allows you to record your PC's performance in a log file.

2. HWiNFO64: This tool allows you to collect detailed information about your hardware, including temperature, clock speed, CPU and GPU usage, and voltage. It also allows you to record your PC's performance in a log file.

3. Windows Event Viewer: This Windows program allows you to view your PC's event logs, including errors, warnings, and informational messages.

If you use any of these programs to collect logs, you can analyze them to see if there are any patterns that could be related to the problem you are experiencing.

regards Oskayra
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi again Another solution based on my experience that I can recommend is that if you have win 11 try the win 10 pro version, that has been the solution to several of my problems as it currently has better compatibility than 11 and does not have so many bugs and then update all your drivers with a program called Driverbooster.
    The 'Pro' versions of Windows 10 and 11 are virtual identical to the standard editions. The Pro versions simply have more networking features. In terms of games, anything that runs on Windows 10 will run exactly the same on Windows 11, Pro or not.

Try running the popular benchmarking/hardware gaming monitoring app MSI Afterburner. Run the overlay when playing the game and you'll be able to see your FPS and frame times, plus other information such as CPU, GPU and RAM usage.
Thema:

1. My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video - Similar Threads - freezes quick sec

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  7. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  8. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  9. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  10. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...