My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

Discus and support My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HenningGrabbert, Apr 28, 2024.

1. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently (might be since the Windows 11 update) I cant connect them to my PC anymore. This problem persists for both controllers, no matter which USB Port I use for the wire or the windows bluetooth adapter. The controllers also arent listed in the device manager menue and are not recognized by the Xbox-Accessories App. Im out of ideas...

:)

HenningGrabbert, Apr 28, 2024
  2. MPJSport Win User

Error updating xbox one controller EN-ES

Hi xbf crystal

my controller is not recognized by windows. I have everything updated, and the bug fixer does not give me any solution. If I go into configuration -> devices -> controller-> controller properties tells me that it is an xbox controller, but the controller
    does not recognize it properly because does not respond and the xbox accessories application does not recognize it either. In configuration -> devices appears as a ''controller'' but without being well installed as it is impossible to use.

In conclusion, my pc knows that I connect to the usb an xbox one controller but does not have the driver or the proper update to use it and my xbox tries to update every time I connect to the console but is frozen at 0% or 100% of the update, never ends.

Thank you for your help!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use Original Xbox360 controller on pc (the controller of the xbox360)?

If the Xbox 360 controller is a wired controller, then the controller can be used on the PC, just plug it in the USB port, and it should recognize it and let you use it. If it is a wireless Xbox 360 controller, then you will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows to connect the controller to your PC.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?

Yes it is possible I know this from first hand experience I have a wired xbox 360 controller and use it to play ALL of my games on my PC including when streaming my xbox One to my PC I can still play the Xbox One games. It is also plug and play so the
    PC should automatically recognize the controller and it acts (uses the same controller configurations) as if you were playing on the Xbox one.
  5. count023 Win User

Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

I have the same problem too, two Win 10 Pcs exhibit the same problems, hell even the Android Beta App does on my phone!

I have two 360 controllers rigged by 360 wireless receiver for windows, two bone controllers by USB cable.

The App will only recognize the first connected controller, usually "player 1" on the 360 controller pairs.

Steam detects everything fine, all the controllers appear using joy.cpl and their inputs are correct. All games on my PC play fine with the 4 controllers, the streaming app will only recognize one when a stream is established.

I've factory defaulted my Xbone, I've upgraded firmware, I've done pretty much everything shy of buying a brand new PC and installing Windows 10 to it (my 2nd windows Pc was brand new and never used streaming before this).

Beta version of the app has the same problem.

I thought it was related to the Windows 10 anniversary/creators update, but it obviously wasn't.

There appears to be a problem in the current version of the App where it is no longer recognizing multiple controllers on the PC, the Beta version has the same problem.
  6. AiGnIs Win User

Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

Welcome to the party!

The issue is not the App but the Xbox itself. That behavior has been there since the last Xbox system update (May 21st), but it seems that no one in MS cares about it...

I have the same problem too, two Win 10 Pcs exhibit the same problems, hell even the Android Beta App does on my phone!

I have two 360 controllers rigged by 360 wireless receiver for windows, two bone controllers by USB cable.

The App will only recognize the first connected controller, usually "player 1" on the 360 controller pairs.

Steam detects everything fine, all the controllers appear using joy.cpl and their inputs are correct. All games on my PC play fine with the 4 controllers, the streaming app will only recognize one when a stream is established.

I've factory defaulted my Xbone, I've upgraded firmware, I've done pretty much everything shy of buying a brand new PC and installing Windows 10 to it (my 2nd windows Pc was brand new and never used streaming before this).

Beta version of the app has the same problem.

I thought it was related to the Windows 10 anniversary/creators update, but it obviously wasn't.

There appears to be a problem in the current version of the App where it is no longer recognizing multiple controllers on the PC, the Beta version has the same problem.
Thema:

My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

1. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers - Similar Threads - does recognize 360

2. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  3. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...
  4. Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.: Ive tried updating drivers, Ive removed hidden devices, and ive also gotten new controllers and there not the problem. I need help. 823f3aba-24fa-4217-9f7a-05dcdff72375
  5. I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The...: I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The wheel is 2 years old and all the other Forza games work fine with the wheel. Can anyone help me with this?...
  6. From the Microsoft store for my Xbox one S. The store does not recognize my console as a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    From the Microsoft store for my Xbox one S. The store does not recognize my console as a...: When I try to buy Street Fighter or any S/X game the Microsoft store says it not playable on my Xbox one S. Any solutions? 3e5effbe-0a00-4fbf-b5b1-3f9f41142384
  7. my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...: i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not recognize it. The disc only has very minor...
  8. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  9. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  10. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...