My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

Discus and support My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by david lin7, Dec 2, 2023.

1. david lin7
    david lin7 Guest

My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works.

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***

:)

david lin7, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

i can’t Hear my game

First, go to the audio device settings

Next, plug in your mic or headset. You should see a little audio bar that moves up and down with your voice. If you can’t find this, or the audio bar seems to be frozen, your mic doesn’t work, and you unfortunately have to get a new
    one.

If it does work, awesome! Adjust the pick up sensitivity of the mic to high or very high. It should be more sensitive now.

Now try loading into Fortnite. If this still doesn’t work, even when creating a private party (by the way make sure in the party you aren’t muted and the little mic icon is broadcasting little waves as you speak, otherwise, your headphones
    are broken)I would try apps like discord to talk with your friends.
  3. PrezidentGarth Win User

Audio Issue - Using Xbox Companion to Stream to Youtube via OBS

Im also having this issue. I did figure out how to get my steelseries 9x to play party audio and my mic audio. I had to allow game bar access to my mic. My problem now is the game audio doesnt come through the stream.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
  5. Tomm_A Win User

My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab pinned in the top left corner for me to be able to speak any solutions?

Hello david,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

For the party chat to work, you can pin the party chat in Game Bar so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Tomm_A Win User

My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab pinned in the top left corner for me to be able to speak any solutions?

Hello david lin7,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with your party chat. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If we may ask, is this the first time you are trying to use party chat through the Xbox Game Bar? Did you try creating a party group or joining a group and having the issue with someone does not hear your voice?

For the meantime, make sure your online safety and privacy settings are properly setup. To check follow the steps below:

• Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and sign with Microsoft account. If you account is a child account, only parent or organizer of the Family group can make changes with the settings.
    • In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit.
    To enable chat for people not on friends list:

In the table header:

1. Click Privacy
    2. Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    3. Select Friends or Everyone then click submit.
    To enable adding and removing friends

1. In the navigation tabs click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    2. Select Allow for You can add friends.
    3. Press Submit.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab... - Similar Threads - party chat doesn’t

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  4. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  5. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  6. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  7. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  8. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  9. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53
  10. My Xbox party chat doesn’t let me connect but everything else works fine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox party chat doesn’t let me connect but everything else works fine: For about 2 weeks my party chat hasn’t let me connect but everything else including online multiplayer works fine , I have tried changing wifis and wired and wireless connections but nothing seems...