My P4 paddle BUTTON is not working at all what do i do? (Brand new controller)

Discus and support My P4 paddle BUTTON is not working at all what do i do? (Brand new controller) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got the elite series 2 controller yesterday and when I bearly used it in a game the p4 button for the paddle isn't working, it's the button... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChillzPillz 6673, Nov 11, 2023.

1. My P4 paddle BUTTON is not working at all what do i do? (Brand new controller)

I just got the elite series 2 controller yesterday and when I bearly used it in a game the p4 button for the paddle isn't working, it's the button because I took off the paddle and pressed the button while in a game and while testing it. So what do I do to make it work again?

:)

ChillzPillz 6673, Nov 11, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi ChillzPillz 6, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

With the intention of helping you, I did some searches on the internet and found information that could be of great help to you. A user shared the following answer that has helped more than 20 people who have had a problem similar to this one.

Just make sure the paddles are properly on the controller and press the little button below them. Also make sure they have a button assigned in the Xbox Accessories app.

If you want to see the full publication, I leave you the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/19bc2e0e-6e3c-4adb-a208-21ee96c2c4fc

Thank you for understanding and if you need more help you can let me know.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I understand, excuse my mistake. From what you mention in the previous message, the control is new, is this correct? So it shouldn't be a fault.

In this case, I prefer to release your question so that another expert/community member can provide you with better help, okay?
  4. ChillzPillz 6673 Win User

It's not the paddles, the paddles work fine. It's the button the paddles touch, it won't work. I pressed the little button and it does nothing, it's assigned and everything, the button clicks too, but it won't say I pressed anything and won't work.
  5. lackoftraction Win User

Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

I think I'm having the same issue, but since I just got my Elite 2 controller today I can't be sure. Could you check something for me?

Go into Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, then find your elite controller (listed as "Xbox Wireless Controller" I think) right click and select "Game Controller Settings". From there you should see a readout of all of your controller inputs. Mine lists 16 total buttons, but the paddle buttons will not activate. If I remap the paddles to other buttons within the XBox Accessories app then I can emulate a different button with the paddles, for instance X lights up the "3" button, and so does the paddle... but the paddle button never illuminates.

The paddles seem to produce NO UNIQUE INPUT OF THEIR OWN, they can only emulate other buttons, even though the computer knows the paddle buttons exist.

From all the searching I've done, what I've gathered is that the "Default" profile (which you can activate by holding the profile selector for a few seconds) used to allow the paddles to work independently, but something within the last few months broke that. For instance Steam's Big Picture controller configuration options used to allow for remapping the paddles, but now they do not.

TLDR: Microsoft seems to have recently broke something in and update to the Xbox Elite controller, which is now preventing the paddle buttons from sending their unique button input while using the default profile. They can now only emulate another controller button, or send no input at all.
  6. Francia J. Win User

I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

It seems like what you have is an Xbox Elite Series controller. According to Xbox Support:

"P1, P2, P3, P4 paddles: For additional inputs, four paddles are snapped into the sockets found at the very bottom on the back of the controller"

Also, here's the default mapping that you can definitely customize:

P1 = B

P2 = Y

P3 = A

P4 = X

You can check this link for detailed information that includes button information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. My P4 paddle BUTTON is not working at all what do i do? (Brand new controller) - Similar Threads - paddle BUTTON working

2. Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?: when the button is pressed, everything is lined up right and making the noise when it's clicked but not actually having any results when pressed. 2a6f500c-a0a2-459a-afa2-df081a16afb6
  3. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  4. Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...: I have searched everywhere for a solution but have not found any answers. I was playing some games and the controller was working fine the paddles were working and the profile lights were showing...
  5. Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing: I bought an xbox elite 2 controller, connected it to my xbox series S, updated the controller and mapped the paddles (upper right B, lower right X, upper left A, lower left Y) and saved to a...
  6. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

in XboX Insiders
    At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.: Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then...
  7. Can we just get the extra button ids for the Elite series paddles?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we just get the extra button ids for the Elite series paddles?: I don't know if this have been said before, but anyways here it goes Mapping the paddles on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 can provide some extra buttons on your controller! By...
  8. xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled...: So, I bought elite 2 gamepad just for one reason - to have additional bottom 4 buttons as paddles to be neutral and to be able to give them other, neutral functions, not just combine existing...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons: Heyya, I have recently received my new Elite controller and have been very excited. Mainly cause of the additional paddles on the back. I hoped tho, they would act like additional buttons (as LB,...
  10. I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller: can you tell me where to go that tells me what my buttons and paddles do on my controller? 43d3d2bf-0f75-49bf-a03a-0687a323e919