My online experience is being diminished by strict CoC

Discus and support My online experience is being diminished by strict CoC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently posted my online experience in the "discussion" part of this forum and a mod blocked it. Whats the point of posting in the discussion if it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hobbitybobbity, Jan 22, 2019.

1. My online experience is being diminished by strict CoC

I recently posted my online experience in the "discussion" part of this forum and a mod blocked it. Whats the point of posting in the discussion if it cant be discussed? I wanted to start a dialog in hopes of A), understanding the xbox community better.
    B), expressing my concern over the language policies. To make things even more hilarious and to prove my point of overly zealous censorship, in my previous post i tried to type the evil '[Mod Removed – Profanity]' word but the
    post only showed asterisks. When a mod replied to my post the ([Mod Removed – Profanity]) had been changed to (mod removed) !?!?!? Now it seems the language police finds the equivalent of a black box covering a persons
    [Mod Removed – Profanity] on tv offensive! The already censored word was censored again. I feel the CoC is at best laughable. I can understand a ban for threatening messages, or hate speech, but name calling has been, and will
    be part of anything competitive. People need to stop seeking to be offended. Its just a word. "Nothing is good, nor evil, but thinking makes it so".- Shakespeare

Playing a game where the objecting is to kill, stab, blow up the enemy all while the games characters are shouting expletives, and i get 8 day suspension for saying the [Mod Removed – Profanity] word...... these policies need
    to change, i will not be purchasing the next gen console with a community so eager to pander to a
    [Mod Removed – Profanity] generation. 10 years of loyalty has been soured by there ridiculous policies.

:)

hobbitybobbity, Jan 22, 2019
  2. bowski477 Win User

These are the terms that all users have to agree and abide by on Xbox Live. I think that has been pretty well established by others in this thread. I'm going to go ahead and lock it up at this point.

In the future I'd ask that you not use profanity in your posts as it's not welcome here either.
  3. orionsguardian Win User

I think everyone needs to remember that we are an inclusive community all ages colours creeds and we should try to be as welcoming as possiable
  4. Saeleth Win User

Code of Conduct is pretty simple to follow. We have folks of all ages and demographics enjoying XBox games online, if you cant be respectful then honestly a ban is warranted.
  5. Spazpol Win User

Bf4 is not an “all ages game”
    Yes, but the CoC is the same across live regardless of what game you are playing. In short, just because you are playing an "M" title, you are not allowed to conduct your behavior any different than if you are playing an "E" title. Keep it simple, the
    CoC is made for Everything, so just conduct your language and behavior as if you are playing an "E" title and refrain from it. If you don't like it, you probably shouldn't have agreed to the CoC when you created an account.
  6. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Hiya Hobbit,

Sorry to hear about the situation, but the Xbox live code of conduct
    is there to create an environment that is friendly for everyone! Xbox is a very family oriented company! There are many children who play Xbox as well and the
    code of conduct is set in place to encourage good sportsmanship and positive communication!

Here is more info! Code of Conduct: Microsoft’s
    Code of Conduct Explained for Xbox Live Customers

Xbox live is an online service regulated by rules
    as every online service. Once you accept the rules of The Code of Conduct you are bound by these rules in order to use the live services.

Just remember that you are allowed to say and do what you want, but there will be repercussions for voiding the Code of conduct
    (Do not be a toxic player and use profanity or bad behavior, because you can be suspended for that).

If you run into a toxic player then Report, Block and Ignore the user, and do not engage them.

(Enforcement does not see anyone as Defending themselves, they look towards the Code only.)

Check out Enforcement.xbox.com
    for more support and feel free to check out the Orange hammer and see if the account is eligible for a
    Case Review. (If
    the suspension is for 24 hours and less, then it will not be available. If the case is Upheld then, you will have to wait till the suspension is over.)

(Also, Enforcement does not Post, Read, or Comment on Forums)

Hope that helps.
    ヽ(•‿•)ノ
Thema:

1. My online experience is being diminished by strict CoC - Similar Threads - online experience being

2. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  3. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  4. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  5. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  6. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  7. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  8. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  9. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  10. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b