My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

Discus and support My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jamie Stewart2, Jul 1, 2023.

1. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try YouTube there’s no sound either. I try it with my old Xbox controller that is wired and works perfectly fine with both voice chat and game sound fine. Has anyone ever had this before? Please help because I tried another wireless controller and it wouldn’t work again with only producing voice chat and no game sound (when I say voice chat I mean party chat)

:)

Jamie Stewart2, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly check if there is an update for your controller by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

Also, check the chat mixer by pressing the Xbox button on your controller and then on the lower part you should see a volume icon, click that and make sure that your chat mixer is setup correctly.
  3. Skyxz Win User

Game And Party Chat Don't Come Through Capture Card To PC

I have the exact same issue.

Only I'm using the new Elgate Capture Card HD60x

On the xbox series x I'm using a Logitech-G Headset G433 Zwart.

When I unplug the headset from the controller I can capture teammates mic sound.

As soon as I plugin the headset, it stops capturing teammates sound.

In the Xbox party chat, passthrough and "speaker and headset" is selected.

(when using the Elgato chat link, all works, but I don't want to use the anolog audio, but the HDMI audio. I have a separated Mic connected to the recording PC for my voice. I only need the mic connected to the controller to communicate in the game).
  4. GreenDisease Win User

How to use headphones only for sound

To my knowledge, you can not adjust game sound to come through the headphones only. However, you can do this for chat by going into the chat setting and voicing through the headset only. As far as game sound, I usually turn my tv all the way down and just
    turn up the game sound on my controller with the headset adapter.
  5. Arc Blagg Win User

My HeadSet chat mixer is grayed out and my Xbox controller is up to date and I can’t hear anything

Hi, Francis J. I have tried it with three different Xbox series x controllers but nothing has happened. I heard my sound once but that was a long time ago. Also I can hear party chat

But not sound
  6. oYODA63o Win User

Tritton Warhead™ 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset x 2

I've hooked my Warheads up to my Xbone through via an optical cable, and chat using Kinect. Audio is pretty good, though voice chat is cr@p. People I'm chatting with say I sound just fine to them, but their voices are tinny and drowned out by BF4 game sounds.
    Shame Tritton can't just bring out a new mic that can be plugged into the controller. Oh well, more bloody expense.
Thema:

1. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat - Similar Threads - series controller won’t

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  6. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  7. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller: I cannot connect my controller to a console. The sync button on the Series X won’t work, I’ve also tried a wired controller and that doesn’t work either. Already tried to hard reset each way with...
  9. My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X: Whenever I try and connect my xbox controller to my Xbox my controller just keeps blinking repeatedly until it turns off, or eventually connects for 2 seconds then goes back to blinking, I...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X: I have a few DVD games like Scene it and a few others that I’ve always been able to play just fine on my Xbox series X until recently. Now whenever I open the DVD, it will go to the main menu but...