My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work

Discus and support My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacobbeier1, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jacobbeier1
    Jacobbeier1 Guest

Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first controller but It broke a long time ago. Someone please help me

:)

Jacobbeier1, Jul 14, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. ThaKracker01 Win User

Xbox One Not Recognizing CloudX Stinger Core Headset

I bought a brand new xbox one-s controller so that it would have the 3.5mm input for a mic so that I could talk to my friends. I then bought the xbox one CloudX Stinger Core headset. When I plug the headset into the controller, I get no audio and the mic
    isn't recognized. When I go to the xbox controller options, the "Volume" option is greyed out. When I try to start a party, it says "We can't find a microphone for these people".

I have tried updating the controller with the mic plugged in, but as it is a brand new controller, there wasn't an update available. I have also tried restarting the xbox/controller and unplugging the mic, but it still isn't being recognized as plugged
    in. I have plugged the mic into my computer and it gets both audio and hears my voice, so I do not believe it is the headset.

I am very frustrated that a brand new controller and brand new headset that I only got because it is Xbox licensed is not working. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sounds to me it could possibly be your 3.5mm jack inside your controller. I just had to replace mine. Hope this helps.
  3. Robert Locker Win User

MIC WONT LET ME SPEAK BUT CAN HEAR

Both mics are xbox official headsets and controllers, one of the controllers is a day one edition but just bought another brand new official xbox controller to see if that was the problem. The Mic just randomly stopped working one evening. And yes the
    mic symbol is shown in the top right hand corner with no line through it
  4. Modelrat343670 Win User

mic not working

Thanks for responding. I've tried the suggestions already with no success. The system is an xbox 1s. It is a wired headset connected to the controller. I've tried multiple headsets with multiple controllers. I have sound for both the games and other people in the chat but the mic is not working for any of the headsets, one of which is brand new. Thanks for any help with this.
  5. jamiedean6969 Win User

Xbox one mic Doesn't work out of box

My Xbox One is 4 days old, and 2 brand new controllers and 2 brand new headsets later, it still doesn't work. Yes, I have everything connected correctly, have troubleshooted everything 5 x over, but no cigar. It excludes me from my multiplayer games because
    no mic, no multiplayer chat. No, I don't own a Kinect. The only solution I am hoping on is to throw even more money than $1,160 at my retailer and purchasing a stereo headset adapter which enables the use of the 360's mic or a $120 Turtle Beach headset. That
    said, if it's a firmware or hardware issue then it'll make no difference.
  6. OnassisVan Hansen Win User

Control game on Xbox one s quits during game play. Why?

Thanks so much! As for the mic issue, one was my razer wireless headset which works great except for the mic, and because of that I bought brand new xbox wired headset and still no mic. Weird cause it says mic is on, but I can't hear my voice, no one else
    can, and my recordings don't have my voice either. Was going to buy a third headset but I wonder if it's the xbox itself. thanks anyhow
Thema:

1. My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work - Similar Threads - controller brand headset

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  5. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  6. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  7. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  8. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  9. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  10. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...