My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address

Discus and support My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two networks i have tried both and ive manually put in my mac address and it still does not work. Ive also tried clearing. My internet works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ㅤ ‏‏‎ , Dec 16, 2023.

1. My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address

I have two networks i have tried both and ive manually put in my mac address and it still does not work. Ive also tried clearing. My internet works fine on every other device except for my xbox. I have tried everything to fix it but it keeps saying the same thing “additional authentication needed” and when i authenticate now it takes me to an error page..

:)

ㅤ ‏‏‎ , Dec 16, 2023
  2. Zé Trindade Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 on a disk

Hello,

I've been trying to install it with a cd on my xbox one s and it doesnt work as soon as it says its installing it stops out of nowhere and i only have this problem on it
  3. Celentan091 Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live

I don't know what cmd is... I have a mac and I dunno if its different. I found the IP address by clicking network preferences and it says "this computer is connected to the IP address ..."

I've reset the network settings on my xbox multiple times and thats never worked. But I will try again
  4. choppyseize Win User

xbox one x problems getting on xbox live for anything itermittent

There are no service alert up, I think its related to your xbox or internet, You may want to try clearing the MAC address on the console

To clear the MAC Address - Go to settings. All settings, Network - Advanced network , Alternate Mac Address - clear

Also I would do a network test and see how your internet is doing. It may not meet the required amount needed to play or function properly
  5. taidara Win User

Attempting to connect to xbox live through the computer causes Internet to go out

It would be better if try and communicate with your boyfriend and tell him to either configure his computer as a network bridge (bridge) and not ICS. Or, if he needs a work-around for his console's wireless connection, he could easily spoof the MAC address
    of his computer (being the 802.1x supplicant) and assign his computer's MAC address to his console, as its alternate MAC address. The MAC address of his computer should be the one network card that he uses to connect to his college network.

ICS is a great way for a host to share the connection to other devices on the same network, but not for gaming consoles, as it add an additional layer of NAT, and a poor implementation as well.
  6. EddieHendrickson Win User

Need help signing into Xbox One at hotel where I live. Hotel has an Internet Portal but I can't......

ReducedBoot3,

What you will need to do is get a device connected such as a laptop, tablet, or phone. Once that is connected, go into the settings for that device and find its Wireless MAC Address. Once you have found the Wireless MAC Address, on the Xbox One go to Settings
    > Network. Go to Advanced Settings and select Alternate MAC Address. Enter the Wireless MAC Address of your device in here. After entering this, the network will now see the Xbox One with the MAC Address of your connected device and it will be able to access
    the internet.
Thema:

My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address

1. My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address - Similar Threads - network stopped working

2. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  3. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  4. I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.: The sign in comes up and keeps spinning till it returns to the previous screen. Tried reseting the console but that didn't help. a2ed0e4c-f362-4df5-922a-2d3d9c457fd0
  5. My Xbox is stopping all network connections on both of my internets (Virgin Media and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stopping all network connections on both of my internets (Virgin Media and...: When ever I start downloading a game or if its connected to a power outlet I want to watch tv while waiting but what happens is the internet stops working for the tv and if I connect it to a...
  6. Xbox One Series S randomly stopped receiving my network IP address. How can I keep this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Series S randomly stopped receiving my network IP address. How can I keep this...: In recent weeks, I've been noticing that my Xbox One Series S has been showing an odd habit of randomly not receiving the IP address for my wireless network, even though all my other devices are...
  7. Network transfer says installation stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer says installation stopped: I transferred and it says installation stopped when I try download anything b4fd0cc4-d572-424c-816b-ebc941d251ed
  8. Why Did My Xbox Stop Sending Clips To Network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Did My Xbox Stop Sending Clips To Network?: The Other Day, I Had Been Playin KartRider:Drift. Took A Few Clips N Screenshots. They Posted To The Xbox Network Just Fine, N Instantly. Literally, That Same Day. Hours Later. I Took Clips...
  9. How to stop a device from casting to the XBOX One X on a wifi network in 2023 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop a device from casting to the XBOX One X on a wifi network in 2023 ?: The settings/preferences options described in previous answers do not exist on my XBOX One X console. Perhaps updates since 2019 have changed or removed this option....
  10. Is there really no option to stop people on my network from casting onto my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there really no option to stop people on my network from casting onto my Xbox?: Is there really no option to stop people on my network from casting onto my Xbox? Ive tried all the remote feature settings but it does nothing. Seems like a very basic thing that should be an...