My NAT type is stuck on strict

Discus and support My NAT type is stuck on strict in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XavierRasmussen, Jan 4, 2024.

1. My NAT type is stuck on strict

I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet.

I have tried enabling DMZ

When I enable Upnp I get a double NAT error

Tried maybe setting up a virtual server ( I think I did it wrong)

I can't find an option for port forwarding.

I can't find any solution to make my NAT type open.

Any help?

:)

XavierRasmussen, Jan 4, 2024
  2. ECHO x PriZma Win User

Can't change 'strict' NAT type on Xbox One

I'm stuck on a strict nat type can anyone help me to change it?
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Fingers cross for you, really hope you get it sorted.
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello XavierRasmussen! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Are you able to get into any settings of the router and check the ports that are open yourself?
  5. XavierRasmussen Win User

Thanks Oskayra

Unfortunately my ISP is not very helpful as most of they time the people I'm in contact with have no idea what I'm talking about.

And even if they did, I don't think they can do that as my wifi setup is hounestly quite strange as it uses a mobile Sim in a 4g router. I was hoping I could do this without needing to rely on my ISP to fix things on their end.

Thanks for the help.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Hello XavierRasmussen, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following steps to try to solve the problem:

If your NAT type is "Strict" it may be because some ports on your Internet connection are closed.

The best thing to do would be to call your Internet provider and ask them to open the following ports for you:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Once these ports are opened, the NAT type of your console should be set to "Open" and thus solve the problems you are having with your connection.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/5c237e16-0ce5-448e-a38d-0cfbebfa6b78

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. My NAT type is stuck on strict - Similar Threads - NAT type stuck

2. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  3. I cant get my nat type from univailable to open

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my nat type from univailable to open: I cant get my nat type from univailable to open been tryinnfŕëøee77 c6c7b946-74df-408c-8300-a83127560127
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...: I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with...
  6. NAT type stuck at moderate via phone.

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT type stuck at moderate via phone.: I am unfortunate to have a very slow internet connection in my house, so I use my phone's hotspot to game with. This works fine for almost everything, except xbox party chat. I am never able to...
  7. Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible: Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible If you’re not already i would recommend using an ethernet cable plugged directly into the router to improve connection...
  8. Nat type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is stuck on strict: After the recent Xbox update my Nat type has been stuck on strict. I have fine connection in multiplayer and what not, it's the parties. I always disconnect from them or start connecting and I...
  9. NAT type stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type stuck on strict: Hello, I recently bought Black Ops 3, and I have been having major connection issues. It even persist on GTA 5. I have an Xbox One, and I have forward all ports and even ports forwarded for GTA 5...
  10. NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One: Hi I've had this pain in my backside for about 5 months now, so I purchased the Xbox one on day one expecting it to be lag free etc. and had a big shock. My internet is amazing I usually get...