My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection.

Discus and support My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, whenever I am using a Wireless connection, my Xbox One's NAT type is strict; when i try to use a wired connection (to improve my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Orwell, Feb 16, 2017.

1. The Orwell
    The Orwell Guest

My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection.

As the title says, whenever I am using a Wireless connection, my Xbox One's NAT type is strict; when i try to use a wired connection (to improve my Twitch Streaming and such) it switches to a Strict NAT.

What do I need to do in order to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

The Orwell, Feb 16, 2017
  2. tiken nugget
    tiken nugget Guest
    Port forwarding

I have a wired connection but it always says 'NAT Type: Unavailable' along with 'No services available'

But when I use my wireless connection it says the NAT Type is open and says all services are open.

How do I get my wired connection to work and make the NAT Type open along with all services available?

tiken nugget, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Connection Problems

I contacted my ISP and had them boost my speeds a little and I had to move my router into the same room. Fixed and I don't disconnect unless its Xbox's fault. Make sure your NAT type is open a moderate or strict NAT type causes a lot of issues with connection.
    Try using a wired connection as well.

iZeus Has Risen, Feb 16, 2017
  4. My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection.

Hey, Orwell!

What a weird issue! This could be dependent on a few things. The first one being your router that you're connected to. Can you post back with the manufacturer and model number of that, please? Same with your modem. A gut feeling I have is that you have a
    modem and router, but the modem is actually a gateway which is a 2-in-1 device. What might be happening is that your wireless connection is actually through the gateway, while the wired connection is through the router.

However, these are all assumptions until I have that information.

We'll be able to start from there to determine our next steps. I look forward to working with you! My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Feb 17, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Orwell!

What a weird issue! This could be dependent on a few things. The first one being your router that you're connected to. Can you post back with the manufacturer and model number of that, please? Same with your modem. A gut feeling I have is that you have a
    modem and router, but the modem is actually a gateway which is a 2-in-1 device. What might be happening is that your wireless connection is actually through the gateway, while the wired connection is through the router.

However, these are all assumptions until I have that information.

We'll be able to start from there to determine our next steps. I look forward to working with you! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. juan van Win User

Can't log to Xbox live

7. ZACCHK Win User

Xbox one, do you even wired connection?

I live in the Unites States, Tennessee

The modem is a technicolor tc8305c

Not using a router

My xbox one and one more xbox one

Both are using a wireless connection

I'm not sure if the UPnP is enabled or disabled

I normally have an open nat type, sometimes it's moderate or strict

It just says you are not connected when a wire is plugged in

And my ISP is comcast
  8. ShredThatCheese Win User

Open NAT, but still can't connect with friends who also have Open NAT

When I test it on wireless, nothing pops up so I'm assuming it's an open NAT. However when I test it on a wired connection, it brings up a message saying "your online experience may be limited...", so I'm assuming it's moderate.

Most games tell you what your NAT type is and it's always says it's open when I'm on wireless and moderate when on wired. It has never been strict.

Thanks
  9. GrowlingYapper Win User

Xbox not working 100%

Have you tried a wired connection also what NAT Type strict mod or open it needs to be at least mod but open is best when I go wireless it always goes strict when i go wired its back to wired its open.

Its a known issue as people use different ISP and routers its hard to pin down but they are working on it,

I think it unlikely to be your console but you could check other threads on this issue sorry for taking some time to get back to you.
Thema:

1. My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection. - Similar Threads - NAT type strict

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  9. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  10. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc