My monitor wont turn on after changing from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect.

Discus and support My monitor wont turn on after changing from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; m really unsure of what to do after trial and error so, recently after buying a new HDMI cable with my previous one becoming faulty over time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kadijah Kabia, Nov 4, 2023.

1. My monitor wont turn on after changing from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect.

m really unsure of what to do after trial and error so, recently after buying a new HDMI cable with my previous one becoming faulty over time I connected my new one it to my monitor (the HDMI cable consisted 4k ultra HD) upon switching on my monitor my Xbox was stuck on a very low resolution I gathered that this was because I stupidly bought a 4k ultra HD HDMI cable which my monitor could not support it (Having being showed this message on my Xbox when looking at 4K settings in display and options) but I still tried methods I found on Youtube thinking maybe its not the HDMI cable. I came across a video which said when put on a low resolution on Xbox to change a certain mode from auto detect to HDMI after doing this and becoming unsuccessful I thought to change the mode back from HDMI to auto detect upon doing this my monitor Immediately went pitch black. I do not know what to do about it and a bit nervous about what will happen. I'm open to any suggestions to how to make my monitor turn back on and work.

:)

Kadijah Kabia, Nov 4, 2023
  2. Kadijah Kabia Win User

My monitor wont turn on after changing from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect.

Also, sorry I forget to add I change originally from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect via my xbox display settings would that have made a difference to why it wont work?
  3. Kadijah Kabia Win User

Hello again, thank you for replying for my issue I decided to get a new monitor as my current monitor was old and I friend of mine said it may be due to the fact that my old monitors hdmi port is broken. After getting my new monitor and plugging in it still came upwith no signal and I used multiple different HDMI cables but that still did not solve the issue. So I think that it may be the xbox system that I am currently using, would perhaps using a different method of connections such as VGA may fix the issue? Also how do you change the default input on a monitor? Thank you again for your assistance.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Kadijah K, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you are experiencing problems with your monitor after changing the auto detect settings to HDMI and vice versa.

Restart your device: Sometimes a simple restart can solve many technical problems

Check your HDMI cable: Make sure your HDMI cable is in good condition and properly connected at both ends. If possible, try a different HDMI cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.

Try a different outlet: If the monitor does not turn on, unplug the power cord from the monitor and then plug it back in. Try a good outlet

Check your monitor settings: Make sure your monitor is set to use the correct input. Some monitors have multiple inputs (such as HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.) and you may need to manually select the correct input

Update or reinstall your graphics card drivers: Sometimes detection issues can be caused by outdated or corrupt graphics card drivers

Reset your monitor settings: If your monitor has a reset option in its menu, you can try using it to reset your monitor settings to their default values.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

WHich monitor did you get? Many of them have a great deal of compatibility problems
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Series X colour depth setting only showing one option in auto-detect mode

Hi EGHAH! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Change the auto-detect option to HDMI and after that back to auto-detect, then change this settings and after that allow the 4k option
Thema:

1. My monitor wont turn on after changing from auto detect to HDMI back to auto detect. - Similar Threads - monitor wont turn

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  6. Out of range- Xbox wont connect to my monitor

in XboX Insiders
    Out of range- Xbox wont connect to my monitor: Keep getting an out of range message whilst trying to connect my xbox series s to my monitor. Ive rebooted it into low res mode but its just not displaying? submitted by /u/-Taiah- [link]...
  7. HDR wont enable on capable monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR wont enable on capable monitor: it wont enable and i know its not the monitor because my ps5 enables it on my screen instantly. hdr will only enable when going to hdr calibration , once I calibrate and leave it turns off hdr...
  8. My LG Monitor supports 1440p @ 120 hz but xbox series x wont let me do it . Caps it at 1080 120

in XBoX on Consoles
    My LG Monitor supports 1440p @ 120 hz but xbox series x wont let me do it . Caps it at 1080 120: I have the original cable that came with jr and I’ve tired everything ade59224-fba4-49fd-8e84-f067cedc5da3
  9. Monitor Gigabyte G27Q wont do 1440p/120fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor Gigabyte G27Q wont do 1440p/120fps: Hey fellas, i want to report an issue regarding the XBox Series X / S. As stated above the mentioned monitor (and according to my research many many many other similar monitors) cant reach its...
  10. Xbox wont connect with controller and monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect with controller and monitor: My Xbox wont connect with my monitor or my controller. I have already tried different controller,HDMI's and monitors but nothing works. It has got to be something with my Xbox itself as is also...