My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps

Discus and support My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So.. every time I switch from one game to another or just switch from a game to my setting or even Home Screen my monitor will shut off for about 2-3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ghost7705, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Ghost7705
    Ghost7705 Guest

So.. every time I switch from one game to another or just switch from a game to my setting or even Home Screen my monitor will shut off for about 2-3 seconds then switch back on. This isn’t a huge deal but it become annoying at times.

:)

Ghost7705, Jan 7, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

when your input source changes resolutions, your display has a re-sync to the new signal. There's nothing that you can do about that
  3. LadyGethZAR Win User

Gaming Issue with Fortnite?

I have this issue all the time. My work around is to exit the game,switch off my controller, switch back on, launch game. Sometimes that works. Or in game settings set the voice chat to off and apply. The go to select game mode,go into other mode, select
    game mode again and go back into BR. Finally go into settings and switch voice chat back on. Hope this helps
  4. whoisfaceless Win User

Game pass game starts up but nothing comes up on screen.

the game loads but on my old monitor i can't switch it to my new one like you can on steam. i tried unplugging it to see if it would switch since it wouldn't detect the monitor but it keeps loading the game on the old monitor position.
  5. PeteCantu Win User

Bug with resuming games: Games get stuck at "Please reconnect controller" message.

It just seems broken if you have to do it that way. If you can switch apps on the fly, then they should account for someone switching to a video app, starting a video, turning off the controller, watching said video, turning the controller back on to switch
    back to the game, and then resume the game. How do they expect you to return to the game if you have to leave your controller turned off? (I have Kinect, so I could use voice commands to go back, but not everyone has it)
  6. neilhorgan Win User

Switching your router off.

switch mine off every night and connections always fine when switched back on - takes about 30 seconds to get a solid signal after boot
Thema:

1. My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps - Similar Threads - monitor switches off

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  6. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  7. xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv...: question says it all. and before you ask; yes, i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all cords from both the monitor and the console. yes, i have used other hdmi cords to see if it was a...
  8. How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor: My HDMI connect to my Windows 10 pc and from my PlayStation 4 isn’t showing. How can I switch to the HDMI ? 9d27afcf-5b0f-49fb-9e31-f4d32c4204ff
  9. Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game: Xbox Fans Hi, I'm having an issue that thought to post a threat, maybe someone has same or can assist, would highly appreciate input. Issue : Console: Xbox 360 Elite Monitor: HP EliteDisplay...
  10. Can I use monitor AND TV with Xbox One with some sort of HDMI switch so I don't have to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use monitor AND TV with Xbox One with some sort of HDMI switch so I don't have to ...: I guess this is more of just a general tech question but I have tried to google search it and came up short. I use my pc monitor to game on but would like to use my tv to watch blu rays on. Is...