My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio...

Discus and support My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi l, I just got xbox series s. I connected it to my monitor, everything works fine. However, my monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100%... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Huseyn_171, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Huseyn_171
    Huseyn_171 Guest

My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio...

Hi l, I just got xbox series s. I connected it to my monitor, everything works fine. However, my monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume but i cant hear any audio while playing game. I am connected with HDMI. Is there any solution?

:)

Huseyn_171, Oct 22, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Digital moniter +xbox= no sound??

Hi,

Can you provide the make and model number of your monitor? DSub ports are the old VGA type connectors, they don't provide audio.

How do you have the speakers connected? Are they via a 3.5mm audio jack on the monitor? Generally external speakers needs to be powered (i.e. plugged in to a mains supply).

Also, check your monitor settings for the the volume controls. Monitors audio settings for the audio out port are usually at 50% by default. If you're not using the audio jack for headphones, you should turn this up to 100% and then adjust the volume on the speakers directly.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

i have my xbox series x and im using a game monitor that does not have speakers..is there a way to have sound thats not using headphones?

the monitor i buy was for use of a computer and i have a aditional speakers for the pc and now i want to use the same monitor for the xbox..
    Your monitor should have a 3.5mm audio jack (most do). If you already have speakers that are connected to the audio out on your PC, disconnect them and plug them into the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor. This way you can enjoy sound from both your PC and your console via the same set of speakers, like you would if your display was a TV.

I would also increase the audio output on the monitor settings to 100% once the speakers are connected, they're usually defaulted to 50% and then adjust the volume via the speakers themselves.

@ngocphi: Most monitors, even the 'gaming' ones, don't generally have built in speakers.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  5. Brooklyn680 Win User

No audio through headset when connected to monitor

Hi, thank you I’ve tried this and still no luck, when on the volume and output options my speaker Audio ( HDMI and Optical ) are unchangeable, my headset Audio is and is set to windows sonic. My monitor does not give out Audio but i can hear fine when my pc is connected up to it. Do you have any other recommendations? Thank you i really appreciate it.
  6. isp0tz Win User

Scratchy/Distorted System Sounds after Summer Update

same thing with the tv speakers ( i have to turn the volume all the way up to 100 to hear it because the TV speakers aren't that clear with in themselves ), same with my stereo speakers ( Samson Media One 4a - can hear it on normal volume settings ). tried
    two Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro ( one is around 2 years old, the other is half a year old ), and same thing on the Xbox One Stereo Headset.

Tried all headsets through the controller audio jack and the tv headphone audio out.
Thema:

1. My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio... - Similar Threads - monitor has built

2. So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...: So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if the series X can run that? 253cf96c-8825-42f9-b64d-b2ae9c0cdcb3
  3. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  4. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  5. I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...: The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have? b34edbe9-5eef-4c9d-a1c5-8a9849ed131f
  6. New monitor has this yellow tint

in XBoX on Windows
    New monitor has this yellow tint: So I just got this monitor today, I turned it on. And it has this yellow tint on it. I'm using two monitors and the other one is a Dell while this is a Samsung. I messed with the settings, I...
  7. My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...: My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv? edd1361b-74d6-46ac-9e5c-4bbeaa41013b
  8. If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...: If I was to buy a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed out at 120hz ? And do I need anything specific to play games at 120hz or higher?...
  9. XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.: After 30 seconds my Xbox series X cuts off. There is no display at all to my monitor. I tried a new hdmi, and it was still was not displaying any image to my monitor. Also, the box will not stay...
  10. if my monitor has HDMI 2.0 will it still work

in XBoX on Consoles
    if my monitor has HDMI 2.0 will it still work: Hey, so I’m getting a monitor soon and it’s coming with HDMI 2.0 will it still work with 1440p and 120HZ? 2570d445-250d-4fc2-8492-ac39bae974be