My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration

Discus and support My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I just migrated my old mojang account to my new microsoft account because I wanted to play minecraft again. With starting the launcher I found... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cas41222, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Cas41222
    Cas41222 Guest

Hi,

I just migrated my old mojang account to my new microsoft account because I wanted to play minecraft again.

With starting the launcher I found out that I need to choose a new name for the account. Which is weird since I am sure the account I migrated was the one which had my old name attached (xCas). In the e-mail about the migration process it even still adressed me with that name.

I would like to have my minecraft username linked to my microsoft account again since it holds sentimental value to me.

Thanks.

:)

Cas41222, Nov 3, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Cas41222, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you want to keep your old Minecraft username after the migration. According to Mojang, your username should not change after the migration

However, if you need to change your username after the migration, you can follow these steps

Click on the My Games section.

Click where it says Minecraft: Java Edition, here you will be presented with two options to change the skin or change the name.

Click Profile Name.

You can now change your Java edition profile name

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft Java Account Unlink Request

Hi JacobErhart! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't unlink the accounts after the migration process it's complete as the migration process indicates

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

[​IMG]
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Can't play Java Minecraft after migrating my account

Hi pez_dispenser25! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Open the Minecraft launcher please, in the log in screen select go back and then press in the Microsoft login option, after this use the email and password you migrated your Mojang account to instead of the old Mojang login information
  5. Rodelio P. Win User

Microsoft account I migrated minecraft to was deleted

Hi Raffael!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Minecraft account. Since your Microsoft account was deleted, it's possible that your Minecraft account was also deleted along with it. However, you can try to unlink your Minecraft account from your Microsoft account and migrate it to a new one. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to the Mojang website and log in to your account.

2. Click on "Account" and then "Settings."

3. Scroll down to "Linked Accounts" and click on "Unlink" next to your Microsoft account.

4. Once your Minecraft account is unlinked, you can migrate it to a new Microsoft account by following the instructions on the Mojang website.

Please note that if your Minecraft account was deleted along with your Microsoft account, you may not be able to recover it. However, it's worth a try to unlink and migrate it to a new account. I hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Migrate Minecraft Account

Thema:

1. My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration - Similar Threads - mojang minecraft name

2. I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons: Good afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, SunGood afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, everything has always been fine, but since yesterday I cannot connect to the Mojang servers and play the...
  3. Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.: I bought minecraft back in 2010 when it was in beta. At that time, I had a login and a password. There was an email address attached to the account, but it wasn't part of the login. I play on and...
  4. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  5. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  6. I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.: I missed the chance to migrate my account to a Microsoft. And I cannot follow the post-migration steps because I forgot the password. I tired using the "forgot password" link in the minecraft...
  7. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  8. Hello i got an bug here since Mojang sold Minecraft for Microsoft they sent me here to get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i got an bug here since Mojang sold Minecraft for Microsoft they sent me here to get...: My account is no longer available to be entered it's just said you can't join that account does not exist anymore even though I have purchased it I got VIP+ on hypixel and other place's and actual...
  9. How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...: I cannot login into my Mojang account due to forgetting the security questions. I want to migrate my account and cant do it. 3e01294b-2efc-4687-8092-ed4c8564285b
  10. My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.: I have three Minecraft accounts. All three were made by me before the merge and I merged them when the time came. However, now that I've come back to the game I discovered that only one merged...