My Mojang and Microsoft account both share the same email.

Discus and support My Mojang and Microsoft account both share the same email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Mojang and Microsoft account both share the same email so when I try to sign into my Mojang account it signs into my Microsoft account that does not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Syndro Dome, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Syndro Dome
    Syndro Dome Guest

My Mojang and Microsoft account both share the same email so when I try to sign into my Mojang account it signs into my Microsoft account that does not own Minecraft. I already paid for Java edition but cannot play it anymore due to this issue. What can I do?

:)

Syndro Dome, Jun 30, 2023
  2. Aidan M Friend Win User

Hello Syndro, my name is Aidan. I am an independent advisor and would be happy to help. You should be able to resolve this issue by migrating your Mojang account to your Microsoft account. To do this, open the Minecraft launcher and go to the login page. There, click the "Migrate today" link in the red box. From there follow the steps, ensuring that when prompted you provide the Microsoft account which you want to use. Please let me know if you run into any issues following these steps.
  3. enzololletje Win User

How to get back access to Minecraft Java Edition after faulty Account Migration?

Hi there Josef,

I did migrate my Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account.

I did get an email to confirm the migration went well.

The email address of my Mojang Account is the same email address than that of my Microsoft Account.

The migration took place on 20 juli 2022

Mojang has confirmed me, just before they closed my ticket, that there was no paid Minecraft Content active on my Gamertag .

Does it help that I noticed that my Gamertag on the Mojang Account was different than that of my Microsoft Account.

Both helpdesks had me run through the article you mentioned. Microsoft had me also reinstall the Minecraft Launcher.

Thank you for trying to help.
  4. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Yes it is the same account. Infact its the same email. my Mojang account uses the same email as my Microsoft account. This only started happening when Microsoft stated they would be merging accounts with Mojang.

I did the process of merging and now I no longer own minecraft.
  5. Noah Ran Win User

Minecraft account migration didn't work

Hi Cliff.

I know I just intruded on the discussion, but this same problem has happened to me as a result of the migration, and this exact scenario occurred. I hope Microsoft can actually bring back mine, and other's accounts. Is it possible to link my Microsoft account with my old Mojang account using my email? They share the same email so it would be simple to link it.

Thanks.
  6. Janet_C Win User

I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

The account that is already using that gamertag should not be your Mojang account, Mojang and Microsoft do not share the same gamertag nor do they share the same naming system.

When you did the migration the original gamertag was set only for the Java game, not for the Microsoft account, and you should have created a gamertag for your Microsoft account.

The original gamertag must be being used by another Microsoft account, that is why when you want to change it, it tells you that numbers will be added, if that other Microsoft account is yours, you just have to log in with your email and password (which cannot be the same as the current account), change the gamertag and this way it will be free to be used in the new Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. My Mojang and Microsoft account both share the same email. - Similar Threads - Mojang Microsoft account

2. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  3. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  4. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  5. How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?: How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now? 853b0d7c-030e-45e5-8ecd-e6f95b101e6b
  6. i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago: hi all, i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago but havent played in a while. today i saw the notification about account migration before 19Sep, but i believe i dont...
  7. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  8. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  9. Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...: A couple years back I wanted to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did I tied a gmail account an outlook account, but the outlook account already was used for a Mojang...
  10. Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account: So when I'm going through the migration process on minecrafts homepage it gives me the error that my mojang account is ineligible for migration, without giving any further explanation. Does...