My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11

Discus and support My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SereneSquash, Dec 6, 2023.

1. SereneSquash
    SereneSquash Guest

I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have already tried everything that I could google for it. I do not understand why my launcher will not give me an option to update. It says I'm playing on the latest release (obviously that is not the case). Even after deleting the launcher, restarting my computer, deleting the Xbox app, reinstalling just Minecraft from the Microsoft store, and then deleting that and redownloading I am still not given the option to update Minecraft to 1.20.5. Please help as I was in the middle of something before I was booted off for the realms update. I do not have any error message to report because it just redirects me to the Microsoft store that does not have the option to update my client.

:)

SereneSquash, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi SereneSquas, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

According to reports from other users, upgrading Windows 11 to the latest version may solve this problem. To upgrade Windows 11, follow these steps:

Open the Settings application.
    Select "Update and Security".
    Select "Windows Update.
    Click "Check for updates."
    If updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed automatically. The update process may take a few minutes or even hours, depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the number of available updates.

Solution 2: Restart your computer

Solution 3: Check your Internet connection

Solution 4: Restart Microsoft Store

To restart Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

Open the Settings application.
    Select "Applications".
    Select "Apps and Features".
    Find "Microsoft Store.
    Click "Advanced Options.
    Click "Reset".
    Solution 5: Clear Microsoft Store cache

To clear the Microsoft Store cache, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" application.
    Select "Apps.
    Select "Apps and Features".
    Search for "Microsoft Store.
    Click "Advanced.
    Click "Remove".

If none of these steps worked for you it is possible that for your region the update is not yet available, another recommendation I can give you is to try to test the game on a pc with windows 10 as it usually has more compatibility and less errors with games or updates.

I really hope your problem was solved with my help, have a nice day.
    Oskayra
  3. Luka Leon Stabel Win User

why i can't update minecraft for windows to 1.20.72

hi,

its now march 24, and my minecraft bedrock for windows still wont update to 1.20.72.

the update wont show up, neither in the launcher or in microsoft store.

how to fix this?
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Why can't I see any of my Minecraft worlds to back them up?

In the Bedrock Edition, each Minecraft World has its own separate folder and is located at games/com. mojang/minecraftWorlds location on Windows 11/10
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

i just bought minecraft java and bedrock i can play bedrock but when i try and play java it says buy now but when i click it says already owned and it wont let me download it what do i do?

Hello Georgina, my name is Zahir.

I would assume you are trying to download on a windows pc.

You will have to install the minecraft launcher first.

To play Minecraft: Java Edition, download and install the correct launcher for your operating system. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Java Edition.

To play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, you will need a device running Windows 10 or 11 to download and install the newest version of the Launcher, within which you can launch and play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
  6. MrQuackDuck Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not updating to new versions on my PC.

Minecraft Launcher is the same thing as Minecraft Java! I have issue with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (Not JAVA EDITION). Do you understand this?
    When i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on my laptop from Microsoft Store it has the latest version but when i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition at another device (PC) from Microsoft store it stuck on 1.17.10 version and don't updating to 1.17.41 version. This is Microsoft Store's problem, it doesn't updating my Minecraft to the last version on my PC.

P.S PC and laptop has Windows 10.
Thema:

1. My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Wont update

2. minecraft wont let me join my friend anymore

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    minecraft wont let me join my friend anymore: i play minecraft bedrock on computer and used to be able to join my friend (who plays on switch) about a few months ago. minecraft randomly stopped working for us one day, saying errors like...
  3. Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am: I have a valid redeem code I am logged into my MS account at Minecraft Redeem Pre-Paid Tokens | Minecraft When attempting to redeem the code, it redirects me to a MS account page and shows me an...
  4. Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly: My Minecraft wont let me use chat in multiplayer, I've checked all my settings and everything should be correct as i havent changed anything and just yesterday i was able to chat with friends on...
  5. Cant get passed create in Minecraft ..clicking on create and it wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant get passed create in Minecraft ..clicking on create and it wont open: When clicking one create it wont go into the game. It just clicks and nothing happen it wont go past create screen 16bfb6fb-9a6a-4dd1-9886-db22509767dd
  6. Minecraft wont allow me to log in, and says buy again when I already bought the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft wont allow me to log in, and says buy again when I already bought the game: I bought minecraft a long time ago on one email address i got. Migrated it, and everything was working out fine. Haven't played in a while and wanted to play with my siblings so I tried to log in...
  7. Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am: I have a valid redeem code I am logged into my MS account at Minecraft Redeem Pre-Paid Tokens | Minecraft When attempting to redeem the code, it redirects me to a MS account page and shows me an...
  8. PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.: every time I attempt to log into the account it says "We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account. Access to Realms, Profiles, and your Store items will be limited. Please try again later....
  9. Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...: Bedrock absolutely refuses to launch. The only time it launches is if it is set to preview mode, and not the latest release. Java works completely fine, but bedrock closes the launcher and doesn't...
  10. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...