my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

Discus and support my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Corrigan Sadlier, Dec 15, 2023.

1. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont help me. But anyways hopefully someone who can do something sees this. My minecraft java edition account was hacked and this hacker changed my username. I recovered the account but I want my old username but I can only change every 30 days but I want my old username because I didnt change mine it was the person who hacked me.

:)

Corrigan Sadlier, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

Hello Corrigan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It must have been a big relief that you successfully access your account back after it was being a hacked. For the Microsoft account concern we can assist you with the process of how to recover it. However, for the Minecraft Java username or profile name, only Minecraft support team has tools regarding this feature. This Minecraft Java profile name is an in-game feature for Minecraft. For more details, please see this support article: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help.

It looks like you need to wait for 30 days before you can change the Minecraft Java profile name.

For queries and concern about Minecraft Java profile name, please reach out to Minecraft support. Link: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net).

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Pierce H. Win User

No free gametag change

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this is the only way to get a gamertag change right now. However, I did want to clarify that your Minecraft Java username is separate from your gamertag. In-game your username will display your Minecraft Java username and not your gamertag. You are free to change your Minecraft Java username as many times as you would like for free after each waiting period. I hope this answered your question.

Thanks,

4. KhajiBower34 Win User

My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration

Hello Cas41222, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you want to keep your old Minecraft username after the migration. According to Mojang, your username should not change after the migration

However, if you need to change your username after the migration, you can follow these steps

Click on the My Games section.

Click where it says Minecraft: Java Edition, here you will be presented with two options to change the skin or change the name.

Click Profile Name.

You can now change your Java edition profile name

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  5. 7uppi Win User

Mojang account migration issues (accounts merged?)

Hi Kathy.

Sorry about my late reply. Christmas and new year has been busy.

To make the following a bit easier to understand, I will refer to my kids as Carl and Ida.

What happened is; I bought minecraft for Carl using a mojang account. Here I created one with one of my emails. I do have another mail, which is the one I believed to not have been used for anything minecraft related.

However, when I tried to migrate Carls mojang account, to a microsoft account, using my secondary mail account - it sure does look like my other kid Ida, had tried to use this for some minecraft related stuff, since this mail was the one used on her PC. With this I mean that Carls minecraft java username, looks to have not been transferred correctly, since his java username has changed to a username I think Ida has made at one point. This I tried to change back to Carls original username, but this I am not allowed to do.

That is basically what I am asking for. Is it possible to somehow free up Carls original username, so that I can change his current (mircosoft) java username back to his original?
  6. Singularity3125 Win User

Can I re-purchase Minecraft Dungeons on STEAM?

Also, why is this still my username? I wanted to change it to VoidGaming3125! Or VoidGame3125? I keep confusing my Java edition username and my Xbox username.
Thema:

1. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back - Similar Threads - minecraft java was

2. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  7. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  8. How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?: I recently bought a key for minecraft java edition for PC, which the key claimed to have already been used when it was entered,, and the place I purchased it from insists they cannot give me a...
  9. Minecraft Java unable to be verified

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Java unable to be verified: I have minecraft on Xbox Gamepass, i've downloaded it and the launcher, when i click play i have to create a username but when i do i get an error saying i need to be signed in with the same...
  10. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63