My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.

Discus and support My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised and changed to ones I had never seen before. I tried to contact Minecraft support to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lein moye, Jan 4, 2024.

1. lein moye
    lein moye Guest

My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised and changed to ones I had never seen before. I tried to contact Minecraft support to recover my compromised account. They said they were no longer in charge of my accounts and advised me to contact Microsoft support. I would like someone to contact me so I can recover my account.

:)

lein moye, Jan 4, 2024
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Lein, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

It is recommended that you follow the instructions in the following link, which deals with what to do when a Microsoft account is hacked: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 If the recommendations on the previous website do not work, you can also try to recover the account using the recovery form offered by Microsoft: https://account.live.com/acsr

You can do it up to twice a day. Do this if you find more information or remember something else about your account that might help you. As a player like you, I completely understand the frustration this may represent for you. The account recovery process is designed to protect your account and its contents. This means that agents and support representatives can't do more than you can do with the account recovery form yourself. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards, Khaji
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Lein, my name is Jhon and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I know how frustrating it can be to lose access to one of your accounts. The only alternative you have at this time is to submit the account recovery form. There is no other way. I have already researched them and the only way to recover an account is. by the form:

The first thing is to enter information that the account has, in case a phone number or card has been deleted, you should simply omit that information and not add it to the form. That said, you can enter the following link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Here are some tips to help you complete the Microsoft account recovery form:

-Provide as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the more likely Microsoft will be able to verify your identity and recover your account. Include your name, email address, date of birth, phone number, and any other information you can remember about your account.

-Be specific and precise. When answering the questions on the form, be specific and precise. For example, if you're asked for the email address you used to create your account, don't just say "my email." Instead, say "my email is [email address]."

-Remember your passwords. If you remember your previous passwords, include them in the form. This can help Microsoft verify your identity.

-Be patient. The account recovery process may take several days or even weeks. Don't be discouraged if you don't receive a response right away.

Please note that Xbox support cannot help recover accounts, but in that case, if you want to contact them and talk in a live chat for more detailed information, you can access the link below.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

If you don't get it, most likely you should accept giving it up for lost.

Remember that this is a public forum of the Microsoft community where we are players like you who try to help/guide other players to find the solution to the problems they are experiencing, however we do not belong to Microsoft, this means that we do not have access to the accounts or information of other players.

I hope you can understand it and this information has clarified at least some doubts. I hope the problem is solved, I wish you good luck.
  4. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, lein moye

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

You will need to contact Xbox Support and tell them that you are unable to use the account recovery form due to the email address and security information been changed. They will be able to try and help you and collect information about your account.

To reach out to Xbox Support, please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support

Please use this flow chart underneath to choose the right options to contact options so you can request a call back from a Microsoft agent.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

MY ACCOUNT WAS STOLEN

Note: In many cases where people believe that their accounts have been stolen, hacked, or compromised, the issue is caused by a login issue.

First, try to change the password that’s associated with your account. For example, a Microsoft account or a Mojang account. Log out of anything that you're logged into (websites, game launcher, etc.), then if you were able to change the password, try to log in with the new password. If you have an old Minecraft account that logs in with a Java profile name instead of an email, you should migrate to the newer Mojang account format. 

If you have a Mojang account, try logging in with a different email address. 

If you are not sure if you should use your email address or Java profile name to log in, see our article on  Minecraft: Java Edition account types. 

If you do not receive password reset emails within a few minutes, or you are sure that your account was compromised, locate your transaction ID or gift code and contact Minecraft Support.

Note: If your account is linked to a Microsoft Secured Account or you have already migrated

contact Microsoft Support instead.
  6. TBreit-C6F567D2-0714 Win User

Can someone explain why i got hacked out of the blue?

I can tell you why you got compromised, this right here:

"Throughout the years ive always had the same 2 passwords for thing"

If you use the same password for mulitple services then you are more likely to have your information compromised, as if another site gets hacked, they have your login information. For example, recently I had my iTunes account
    brute force hacked and was charged for multiple items, they then attempted to access my windows live account as the email address is the same, but were unable to because I used different passwords.

Never use the same email/password combination for multiple sites or you run an extreme risk of having things like this happen to you.
Thema:

1. My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised. - Similar Threads - Minecraft account email

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...: My question was how can I sign up for a new Microsoft account on my ps4 because when I sign in it says error/ failed because the account is already connected so I have to use the previously used...
  4. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  5. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  6. I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information: None of my skins are there with the email and neither is my in game name b368e3dc-be96-4deb-9931-9473d3e3e35e
  7. Minecraft account transferred to hacker's email but I have information to prove it's mine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account transferred to hacker's email but I have information to prove it's mine: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm here to inform you that my Minecraft account, "Ishiaki," was hacked between late August and early November. Upon searching...
  8. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  9. I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...: I also have my transaction ID and the date that I bought the account. Also I have the card that I used to purchase the account. c7d985d8-7b02-4a7a-af28-4a74f200f19b
  10. Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...: The title is pretty much it. I was in a discord server that got compromised and a bunch of people ended up with malware that keylogged their passwords. I was one of them. The hacker changed the...