My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken

Discus and support My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As I said both of those apps are broken. MS Problems: - I can't download or update anything from the Store - When I try to update, it takes about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Boran Şimşek, Jun 17, 2023.

1. My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken

As I said both of those apps are broken.

MS Problems:

- I can't download or update anything from the Store

- When I try to update, it takes about 6-7 hours or so ( I tried to update the Xbox app today )

Xbox App Problems:

- I paid the money but there is no subscription

- On my other account, I can't buy a subscription because it says my subscription is going to end on February 23rd, 2023

- I can't download any games

- I can't launch the games that are already downloaded

- I could play EA Play games before but I can't now

I have tried things like:

-Restarting my PC

-Deleting and Redownloading MS ( with commands from the help page )

-Deleting and Redownloading Xbox App and Game Services

-Tried contacting Xbox Services but they couldn't solve my problem

:)

Boran Şimşek, Jun 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Boran Şimşek,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that the reset solved the issue. Sometimes, a simple reboot can fix many problems that might be caused by software glitches or corrupted files. If you encounter any other difficulties in the future, please feel free to post in the community again.

Have a great day!
  3. Boran Şimşek Win User

I am pretty sure I did the same thing before but after this reset everything seems to be okay, thanks for your help!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Boran Şimşek,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Hello, I am a Xbox Support Expert and I am here to help you with your issue.

I can see that you are having issues with the Microsoft Store and Xbox App for PC. This can be very frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

There are a few possible solutions that you can try to fix this problem. One of them is to reset the apps by following these steps:

- Press the Windows logo key + I to open Settings.

- Click on Apps > Apps & features.

- Find Microsoft Store and Xbox in the list of apps and click on them one by one.

- Click on Advanced options > Reset.

- Restart your PC and check if the apps are working.

If this does not work, you can also try to reinstall the apps by using PowerShell commands. To do this, you need to:

- Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

- Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

- Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

- Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

- Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

- Restart your PC and check if the apps are working.

Please see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support & Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. If you have any further questions or feedback, please let me know. Thank you for choosing Microsoft!
  5. Sealz Win User

Microsoft Store/Xbox App completely broken

I FIXED IT YALL! I had the exact problem and used this article to fix it.

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft-store-missing-install-button/

"6. Restart the Microsoft Store Service:

Press Win + R to bring up a Run dialog.
    Type services.msc and press Enter.
    Find and open Microsoft Store Install Services.
    If the service is already running, click Stop > Start to restart it.
    Restart your computer and check if the Install button is now available"

This fixed my store and xbox apps.
  6. EldonOlmstead1 Win User

Microsoft Store/Xbox App completely broken

I just reinstalled windows 11 and the problem persists. However, I created a new account on my machine and tried starting xbox there and it works fine. This is a Microsoft account problem of some kind.
Thema:

1. My Microsoft Store and Xbox apps are completely broken - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  3. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  4. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  5. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  6. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  7. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  8. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  9. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  10. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...