My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

Discus and support My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Amber Sh, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Amber Sh
    Amber Sh Guest

My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to contact Xbox and Microsoft but to no avail, does anybody know what I can do?

I have submitted a refund request but also read online used codes cant be refunded, so what am I supposed to do if Microsoft won't take this seriously? I have already reported to my bank but not sure if they'll do anything. Please does somebody know what to do?

:)

Amber Sh, Jan 16, 2024
  2. Amber Sh Win User

My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody know what I can do?

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to contact Microsoft and Xbox repeatedly but to no avail.

I have even resubmitted a refund request with Xbox about this and have received nothing from them. Xbox won't connect me with a human agent and Windows agents keep saying it's an Xbox issue. Not much help from either.

So I am unsure of what to do at this point.

If you have any other way that I can try that would be great
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody know what I can do?

Hi Amber. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> have already reported to my bank but not sure if they'll do anything.

Please note that if your bank submits a chargeback for these payments, that would be considered marketplace theft and could risk your account being permanently banned from Microsoft services. In the event of receiving unauthorized charges on your account, you should always contact Microsoft first. If you just report it to your bank, Microsoft will not know that the charges were unauthorized and will simply treat it as fraudulent behaviour.

Since we cannot access account or billing details on this forum, you may contact Microsoft Store support for help with this. See their contact options here: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/4f615f2a-6bbd-fd69-6695-ae213d63eef0

Here are other links you can use to contact support:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Please reach back if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Digital code trouble

I bought the Gears 5 console bundle. One of the codes that came with it was for Gears 5 ultimate edition AND Gears of War 4. I was able to install Gears 5 but when i try 4 it says i need to buy it. Ive emailed microsoft support but they were no help. Anybody
    have the same problem or know a way to resolve this?
    Does it show up in your purchases
  6. PooFurDead68 Win User

Ghosts Servers is not available ERROR for 3 days

Still no answer from XBOX, or any one else. apparently MS continues to get hacked and yesterday the LoL servers were taken down by a group who was mad at a gamer in the US.... seems like MS needs to get better security guys on their servers .... does anybody
    know if they fixed the issue with Ghosts yet?
Thema:

1. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody... - Similar Threads - microsoft account was

2. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  3. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  4. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  5. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  6. My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account: Ive tried singing into a microsoft account to be able to play minecraft with my friends and it still doesnt work 0bd67b30-c47a-4565-91bb-2d6aee0d3253
  7. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  8. How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?: I want to make a Microsoft account on my Playstation but every time I sign in it takes me to the xbox website. I don’t want that. So my question is, what do I do so I can play online with my...
  9. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  10. How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...: so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced my email with some sketchy outlook email I have the email that originally had it but my Microsoft email got changed and it says my...