My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent

Discus and support My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to de-restrict certain privacy settings on my Xbox account but am faced with a message saying that I need parental consent. However, when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GeorgeAtkinson247, Oct 25, 2018.

1. My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent

I'm trying to de-restrict certain privacy settings on my Xbox account but am faced with a message saying that I need parental consent. However, when I check the 'Family' tab on my account, it say's that I'm not apart of a family. I have tried changing my
    date of birth to see if that had anything to do with it but nothing's changed. The page I'm trying to access is this: Sign in to your Microsoft account but instead pops up with this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

I have tried accessing another persons account, assuming that when they made my account they made me a child under their family, but again nothing was found to suggest that.

I'm stumped on what to do. I can't find any settings on the Xbox app either. The only game I play is Forza Horizon 4 on PC, which is the only reason why I found out I had a child account. It's something I can work around, but it really limits the game in
    some areas and I don't really won't to face something like this in the future either.

:)

GeorgeAtkinson247, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Stuck on child lock

hey so my Xbox account is stuck on child mode, there isn't a parents account on my Xbox and no one can remember the info to get into it. So it seems my account is forever stuck on it, is there anyway I can get it to be unrestricted without having the parent
    profile on there

Thugggnazzty445, Oct 25, 2018
  3. UnwillingElk
    UnwillingElk Guest
    Difficulty changing account child to adult

The birth date listed on this account is incorrect, and needs to be changed as it is currently still a child account. However, I have no idea what the 'Parent' Microsoft account linked to this child one would be, so how can I access the Parent account to
    promote the child one?

UnwillingElk, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Wolfie McG
    Wolfie McG Guest

Unfortunately only time will change a child account to an adult one.

Wolfie McG, Oct 25, 2018
  5. So changing date of birth isn't going to do anything?

GeorgeAtkinson247, Oct 26, 2018
  6. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest
    Changing the date of birth on your Microsoft account wont affect your xbox accounts date of birth. The date of birth originally chosen when you created the Xbox Live account is set in stone and cannot be changed.

KindGryphon, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: