My Microsoft account has split and redeemed currency on the wrong account

Discus and support My Microsoft account has split and redeemed currency on the wrong account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I redeemed 2,200 currency from a code for Halo Infinite but it transferred to an account that I had never set up or seen under the same email, I signed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OllieD77, Dec 26, 2022.

1. OllieD77
    OllieD77 Guest

I redeemed 2,200 currency from a code for Halo Infinite but it transferred to an account that I had never set up or seen under the same email, I signed out and then signed back in to the same account to try to see if that could fix it but it gave me an entirely new account to which the online currency was transferred. I no longer have access to the main account and it will only sign in on the new account when using the same information. I can provide the main accounts username. I would like to try to regain access with the transfer of the credits or merge the two accounts if possible. Is there any way to do this? Thank you.

:)

OllieD77, Dec 26, 2022
  2. OllieD77 Win User

Update I can get back onto the original account. But there is still a second Xbox account with the same email that has the currency, is there any way to transfer it over?
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
  4. TH3CHSN1 Win User

can i change the currency from pound to euro

My Microsoft account was set up in the UK were my currency was pounds. Currently I still have £0.70 on my Microsoft account. However, I have recently moved to Europe, were I have bought a 10€ Microsoft Code(for Xbox 360) which I redeemed on the interet,
    by adding it to my Microsoft account. However, this money has not carried over to my console. Plus, before that, I tried to purchase some DLC on the Xbox marketplace with PayPal, and for a week now it has been saying that there is no service available. I had
    to physically go and buy Microsoft points to try and get what I want, and then it tells me that the currency is wrong, and when I try to set my currency to Euros instead of pounds, it doesn't work. PLEASE get these issues sorted out.
  5. StomachicFour55 Win User

My money are gone !!

MS POINTS HAS BEEN RETIRED, the points you have on your account or a code you redeemed will be converted into local currency, The next time you initiate a purchase or redeem a Microsoft Points card or code on your console with your Microsoft account, we’ll
    add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired.
  6. ShaneOmackaveli Win User

New Currency Question

Can I split payment between my local currency and a credit card?

Yes. For most purchases, if the amount of local currency in your Microsoft account is not sufficient to pay for the content, you can charge the remainder to your credit card or PayPal account. PayPal availability varies by region. However, you must first
    select to purchase using your credit card or Paypal account and then you will see the option to use the remaining currency in your account.

***Split payment may not be an option for all content purchases.***
Thema:

1. My Microsoft account has split and redeemed currency on the wrong account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account has

2. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  5. My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...: Will my account ever be given back? I've already removed the bot and i've been doing legitmate searches from time to time 22955da2-f87b-4830-8a65-d5fe28bfcaab
  6. My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.: So, near the end of February 2023 my account was hacked, but luckily I recovered it. While I was trying to change the information back to before it was hacked Microsoft locked my account for...
  7. My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...: My gamer tag has changed and don't know when, but I'm assuming recently when my Microsoft account was compromised. I've had that gamer tag ever since I first made my account when the Xbox first...
  8. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: I need to talk to microsoft them selfs not a robot a human because I already sent them a msg the robot told me that they sent it up to higher ranked people to review it and it has been like 6 to 7...
  9. Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address: Hello I have an Xbox account (cuppasup3) linked to my microsoft account but when I sign in through that email it has created a completely separate account with a separate Xbox account to which it...
  10. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: My microsoft has been hacked and i cant login now.The hacked changed everything in this account,i dont know how to do. 1816fc14-5b80-47c0-be12-41402315e1bd