My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details...

Discus and support My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft support team, Hope this letter reaches you well. I wrote this letter to address the problems I had in the past few days. I am writing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by __Harry__, Sep 23, 2023.

1. __Harry__
    __Harry__ Guest

My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details...

Dear Microsoft support team,

Hope this letter reaches you well. I wrote this letter to address the problems I had in the past few days. I am writing on my old school email as its my last Microsoft account that I can still access. It all started when I was verifying my m\Microsoft account on a website(must've been a sketchy website) and it only asked for my email and a 6-digit verification code so I thought it was harmless as what could this anonymous hacker even do without my password. Therefore, I proceeded with my life. However, after 30 minutes at 9:43pm pacific time the hacker changed
    My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details... [​IMG]
    the primary alias to one of his emails(seen above). Then at 9:44pm pacific time, he added another email which I do not recognise(seen below).
    My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details... [​IMG]
    At 9:44pm pacific time, he literally removed my email from my OWN account.(seen below)
    about 5 minutes after than when I got logged out of my Microsoft account on xbox did I realized I must've been hacked but it was too late. I first tried logging into my Microsoft account, but it kept saying "we cant find a account with that username". I did some research on your forum and clicked on all the support link but without my OWN email I am unable to complete any of the links. Therefore, I tried putting the account that has hacked my computer in and it worked. I must say, this hacker must be very experienced in doing this as they changed all the personal data so when I submitted my account recovery form, the automated system says two hours later that I don't have sufficient data in order to prove I am the real owner of my account. If one of the Microsoft support staff could reach out to me I can provide you with all the data you need including which year my account was created and the timestamps of my purchases and could check that with the database. To be honest in the attachments I don't even bother blurring out my email so you guys can see that I, the real owner, received the account compromised email from Microsoft which is sent to my main alias before the hacker changed and deleted my email.

I've in the past day have collected my friends and family to find and resolve this problem, even to the extent as to backtracking to the sketchy website and finding the hacker of my account(apparently a schoolboy stealing accounts for Minecraft). I've reached out to this person and he demanded I pay 45 dollars in LTC, which I did since my Microsoft account meant much more than 45 dollars and I was able to get hold of his personal email(*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** apparently under the name of Max Bonkowski) when I deliberately sent him slightly less than the agreed amount and Paypal him the rest(I've selected business but yet have gotten a refund). This hacker also said something about selling my account to his buyer and this exchange of accounts is very worrying as I have many sensitive data(such as credit cards) which I've linked with my Microsoft and if put in bad hands could potentially get leaked. However this hacker, or scammer may I say, demanded that I pay him even more than the agreed upon value due to his greed, I realized that it would be a never ending payment to get my account back and would be only supporting the hackers actions which is the reason why I've reached out on the forum and for people who also experienced this problem, feel free to also type you experiences and how it was resolved(if ever).

There are many things I would like to address, first being when accessing the Microsoft setting, the secerity should be even higher than the already high standards as many Windows and even Mac users have many things connected to their Microsoft account as a schoolboy accessed and compromised my account. A suggestion I have is to urge all Microsoft users to enable 2FA because I haven't tampered with my settings in a long time. When in the logging in page, there should be both a password area and also a 6-digit code verification instead of filling just one of them.

I've read through close to all of the "complaints" about people getting their account hacked and realized that most people got locked out of their accounts just like me, with their own email removed. Therefore, I would like to make the suggestion that one should enter their password and a 2FA code which sends to one's phone number(as there can only be one owner for a phone number, the owner) instead of email(which could also be compromised) when logging into highly sensitive information like when one is tampering with the email and personal data.

Also, the fact that a school boy with probably some coding knowledge(in order to create the sketchy website) could easily and be so extremely experienced in getting into people's Microsoft account, it really worries me when a full time hacker decides to steal people's data

Again, if a Microsoft member could reach out to me, I would be glad to double check my data with your database.

Thank You!

Warm Regards,

Harry

:)

__Harry__, Sep 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details changed as well

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details changed as well

Hello __Harry__,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your account has been hacked. This is a serious issue and we want to help you recover your account as soon as possible. Here are some steps you can take to secure your account and prevent further unauthorized access:

- Change your password immediately. You can do this by going to https://account.microsoft.com/security and selecting "Change password". Make sure you use a strong and unique password that you don't use for any other service.

- Enable two-step verification. This adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a code or an app confirmation whenever you sign in from a new device or browser. You can enable this by going to https://account.microsoft.com/security and selecting "More security options".

- Review your account activity and security information. You can do this by going to https://account.microsoft.com/security and selecting "Review activity" and "Update info". Check for any suspicious sign-ins or changes to your personal information, such as your email, phone number, or recovery options. If you see anything that you don't recognize, report it and remove it from your account.

- Contact Xbox Support. If you need further assistance or have any questions, you can contact us by going to https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and selecting "Account & profile" and then "Account security". We will be happy to help you resolve this issue and restore your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping your account safe. Thank you for being part of the Xbox community.
  4. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Account Issue.

If you believe that your Microsoft account has been hacked or compromised. I would suggest that you take a look over the following information provided in the following link. How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account. It will likely prove the best information to potentially solve the issue you're facing if the account has been hacked or compromised.

Here is additional information pertaining to if your account has been locked. Account has been locked.

Here's the information from Mojang in relation to changing your email address associated with the Mojang account. Changing Your Email Address (Mojang Accounts)

I hope that this info proves to be useful in your situation. Good luck!
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hack

6. Jay_answers Win User

Account hacked

Email hacked and also xbox hacked. Sorry to hear that.

All you can do is recover your email account first (and see what else has been compromised), and then recover the xbox account (and any other accounts that were compromised from the stolen email account).
Thema:

1. My Microsoft account has been hacked and compromised with email changed and all the details... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account has

2. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  5. My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...: Will my account ever be given back? I've already removed the bot and i've been doing legitmate searches from time to time 22955da2-f87b-4830-8a65-d5fe28bfcaab
  6. My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.: So, near the end of February 2023 my account was hacked, but luckily I recovered it. While I was trying to change the information back to before it was hacked Microsoft locked my account for...
  7. My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...: My gamer tag has changed and don't know when, but I'm assuming recently when my Microsoft account was compromised. I've had that gamer tag ever since I first made my account when the Xbox first...
  8. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: I need to talk to microsoft them selfs not a robot a human because I already sent them a msg the robot told me that they sent it up to higher ranked people to review it and it has been like 6 to 7...
  9. Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address: Hello I have an Xbox account (cuppasup3) linked to my microsoft account but when I sign in through that email it has created a completely separate account with a separate Xbox account to which it...
  10. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: My microsoft has been hacked and i cant login now.The hacked changed everything in this account,i dont know how to do. 1816fc14-5b80-47c0-be12-41402315e1bd