My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

Discus and support My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Deolaex, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Deolaex
    Deolaex Guest

My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but only doesn't work on my xbox, I've also tried connecting different controllers and it still didn't fix.

:)

Deolaex, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Deolaex Win User

My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any solutions?

Sadly that didn't work, I appreciate taking your time to write that tho
  3. Hoskayra Win User

My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any solutions?

Hello Deolaex, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions some steps to solve this problem of not being able to speak for him. microphone and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

Please try the following procedure:

First of all, verify that the controller you are using is updated using the instructions in the following link, since if it is not updated, even if it works well for you in groups, it may affect the in-game voice chat of the games:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem is resolved.

If the problem persists after trying the above, please verify that your account privacy is configured correctly using the following link, as it may have been misconfigured and may be the main reason for the problem:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

It is recommended that you modify the following options:

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live using voice or sending text messages - Allow.

* Others can communicate with voice, text or invitations - Everyone.

* You can play with people who are not part of Xbox Live - Allow.

* You can create and join clubs - Allow.

* You can join multiplayer games - Allow.

* You can add friends - Allow.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/df1b6085-9810-4d87-8b80-081f3820d389

Best regards,
    Oskayra.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Deolaex, I'm sorry that the method didn't work for you. I know how frustrating it can be, I'm a gamer too. I was researching other methods to solve the microphone problem, but I would need to know if you use Windows 10 or 11?

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. MtRush-B178127D-8B6B Win User

Party Chat - I can hear my freinds but they can't hear me - Kinect still works with party

I have the same issue. My kinetic works fine and I can hear everyone in the party but no one can hear me. Whether I speak through the connect mic or a mic i plug in. It worked fine the day before now this.
  6. Killa xBx Win User

Mic not working with Xbox One Stereo Headset

Mine is possessed game sound works fine mic works but I can't hear chat, other times can hear chat but mic doesn't work. Very frustrating.
Thema:

1. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any... - Similar Threads - mic working hear

2. My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?: My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve tried all the things that were suggested,...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.: My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. 4b2d8013-33ca-4983-95b1-57523e89935c
  5. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  6. My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party: Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk. I’ve checked if my mic is on mute which it...
  7. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  8. My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...: I can hear my friends and games but my mic will not work… I’ve never had so many problems with a gaming system until I got an Xbox… :( 35697690-d321-4454-8186-7cbaff7069e6
  9. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  10. My mic doesnt work in a party but I can hear my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic doesnt work in a party but I can hear my friends: When i join a party, I can hear my friends but when I try to talk the circle around, my profile doesn't light up. I need help asap, please 8ff14164-8ff8-43fc-a9c5-eca8c781814d