My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?

Discus and support My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lv HaZzA vl, Jan 21, 2024.

1. lv HaZzA vl
    lv HaZzA vl Guest

My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve tried all the things that were suggested, updating controller, resetting Xbox, privacy settings, etc. I’ve tried my headset on a different controller and didn’t work and I tried a different headset on my controller which worked fine. I also tried my headset on my laptop and desktop PC which also worked fine.

I have a suspicion my headset’s firmware is out of date or something? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

lv HaZzA vl, Jan 21, 2024
  2. DomNic8891 Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset via Windows 10 app

I am having the same issue. With my headset I can hear game audio, if I'm in a party chat I can hear my friends talking but the mic doesn't work. My mic does work outside of the xbox app perfectly. The headphones and mic are set to default in the playback
    devices. It's an issue with the app and it needs to be updated.
  3. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I did this and it didn't fix my problem. I can't hear game audio through my controller. I've tried using different controllers, same result. Using different mics on those controllers, still same result. I've also used the headsets on different devices
    like my phone and PC and they work fine. To add to it I can hear chat audio, I just can't hear game audio through the headset. I'm thinking it's a controller issue or Xbox issue. I've changed the audio output to something else doesn't fix it.
  4. HeyItsOrange Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Controller not working with Series X Controller

I have a similar problem but when I try to use my blue yeti mic the headphone splitter and turtle beach headphone adapter which has always worked for me, all of a sudden I couldn’t hear any game audio. I was able to the hear party chat but it was very loud and I could hear through my left ear it wasn’t my headphones, or controller does anyone know how to fix this?
  5. aKa KaotiK Win User

Why is my Xbox One headset adapter not working? I bought the proper cable adapter with it.

I have the Xp 510s with the audio controller but my Mic will not work in game or in party but can hear my self. What am I missing? I have the cable 3.5 to a 2.5?
  6. DomNic8891 Win User

Xbox Streaming Audio Issue

I'm having the issue of my headset having audio come through it just fine. The mic does not work in the xbox app. The mic itself works perfectly because I used it in steam and chatted with him. But when streaming and either joining a party or creating one
    I can hear my friends talk but they can't hear me. It's an issue with the app and it needs to be updated.
Thema:

1. My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - mic working hear

2. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.: My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. 4b2d8013-33ca-4983-95b1-57523e89935c
  5. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  6. My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party: Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk. I’ve checked if my mic is on mute which it...
  7. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  8. My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...: I can hear my friends and games but my mic will not work… I’ve never had so many problems with a gaming system until I got an Xbox… :( 35697690-d321-4454-8186-7cbaff7069e6
  9. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  10. My mic doesnt work in a party but I can hear my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic doesnt work in a party but I can hear my friends: When i join a party, I can hear my friends but when I try to talk the circle around, my profile doesn't light up. I need help asap, please 8ff14164-8ff8-43fc-a9c5-eca8c781814d