My left trigger doesn't work

Discus and support My left trigger doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just replaced my shell for my elite series 2 controller since the original broke and ever since I put the new one on the left trigger won't activate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vicki schram, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Vicki schram
    Vicki schram Guest

I just replaced my shell for my elite series 2 controller since the original broke and ever since I put the new one on the left trigger won't activate at all when it's on the lowest click thing. I don't use it much but it'd be nice to have it

:)

Vicki schram, Mar 26, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Vicki schram,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Vicki schram,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issue with the left trigger in your Elite Series 2 controller. Let's troubleshoot the issue with the left trigger not working after replacing the shell.

It is possible that there was a misalignment or problem with the trigger mechanism. Let us check though by performing some steps to help resolve the issue.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

Check Trigger Assembly:

- First, ensure that the trigger assembly (the part inside the controller) is properly seated and aligned.

- Disassemble the controller again and carefully examine the trigger mechanism.

- Make sure there are no obstructions or misalignments.

Inspect the Shell Installation:

- Double-check that the new shell is correctly installed.

- Sometimes, improper installation can lead to issues with buttons and triggers.

- Pay close attention to the trigger button's alignment within the shell.

Test the Trigger Without the Shell:

- Remove the shell and test the trigger without it.

- Press the trigger directly to see if it registers any input.

- If it works fine without the shell, the issue might be related to the shell installation.

Check for Damage or Debris:

- Inspect the trigger button itself for any visible damage or debris.

- Clean the trigger area using compressed air or a soft brush to remove any dirt or particles.

Calibrate the Trigger:

- Go to your Xbox settings and navigate to Devices & connections > Accessories.

- Select your Elite Series 2 controller.

- Choose Configure > Calibrate trigger sensitivity.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the trigger.

Update Firmware:

- Ensure that your controller has the latest firmware.

- Connect it to your Xbox or PC using a USB cable and check for updates in the Xbox Accessories app.

Test on Another Device:

- Connect your controller to another Xbox or PC to see if the issue persists.

- This will help determine if the problem is specific to your console or the controller itself.

Remember to handle the controller carefully during disassembly and reassembly. Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your left trigger working again!

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. CadentEar Win User

Left Trigger not working

Controller stripped only to check the contacts only after pouring. The guarantee does not have since 4 years. Maybe someone knows what might be the cause.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Left Trigger not working

Sorry to hear it. Your description of what is wrong suggests that you've taken the controller apart in an attempt to fix it. If this is the case then I'm afraid that no one here will be able to help you as discussion of self repair is not allowed on the
    forums.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Left Trigger not working

Sorry but perhaps you misunderstood my previous comment. According to the ToU of the Xbox forums discussion of self repair of Xbox hardware is absolutely not allowed regardless of whether the warranty is still in effect or not.

Because you stripped your controller down we will not be able to help you here.
Thema:

1. My left trigger doesn't work - Similar Threads - left trigger doesn't

2. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  3. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da
  4. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  5. LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller: Hi, I need help with this, no matter what I do LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on my Xbox Series Controller aa38d959-03ea-4297-9cc9-d5264f1adc9b
  6. My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.: I bought my Elite Series 2 controller and since I bought it whenever I set my left trigger to the shortest pull it doesn’t work. But when I set it the longest pull or in the middle it works, is...
  7. Left trigger acts as both triggers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left trigger acts as both triggers: I have a wired controller, when I push the left trigger it gives a right trigger input 70% of the time and a left trigger input sometimes. I looked at the controller test page and the left trigger...
  8. Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left: I have tried the fix in this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-on-windows-10/b0400895-3ae0-449e-8b34-e227d3cc201b I have also tried other...
  9. xbox series x controller left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x controller left trigger: i have been looking for this solution and i couldnt find anything for it. everytime i put the batteries in (specifically the positive or the top battery) the left trigger gets sticky and weird. i...
  10. Left trigger doesn't work for witcher 3 download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left trigger doesn't work for witcher 3 download: I recently downloaded witcher 3 from the Xbox one store. the game is essentially unplayable as my left trigger button is not recognised. The left trigger works no problem on every other game and...