My launch Series X won't turn on

Discus and support My launch Series X won't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pushing the power button causes it to turn on and beep for about 1 second, and then it immediately turns off. I've done all the trouble shooting to try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Solid Bacon, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Solid Bacon
    Solid Bacon Guest

Pushing the power button causes it to turn on and beep for about 1 second, and then it immediately turns off. I've done all the trouble shooting to try and get this thing working again, but the only solution at this point seem to be to take it to a local repair shop, or ship it to MS and pay $300. I understand hardware failures happen, but $300 seems unreasonable for what I assume PSU failure in under 3 years (and judging from the number of Youtube videos I've seen with the same problem, it doesn't seem super uncommon.)

Does MS offer any sort of waived fees for hardware failures this early in the console life? If not, at this point after the 360 debacle I'm ready to just say goodbye to Xbox and my Game Pass sub.

:)

Solid Bacon, Jul 23, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

If your console is out of warranty, unfortunately you only have the options you mentioned, I understand that the cost of the repair may be excessive, unfortunately once the warranty expires there is no way to extend it or pay less for the repair service.

Best regards
  3. pjameleven Win User

Bring Gotham City Imposters to Backward Compatibility

The backwards compatibility team is working on the Series X so there won't be anymore games from the 360/original Xbox made back compatible until after the Series X launch.

That said, I would love to see Gotham City Impostors made playable on the Series X. That game was so much fun!
  4. Das Koop Win User

Xbox Series X thoughts?

With the Xbox One X you'll be safe to wait well after launch to buy the new Series X.

They've already said that launch games like Halo Infinite will also be launched for Xbox One consoles.

I've had my Xbox One X for over a year. I plan to buy the Xbox Series X for my main television and then move my Xbox One X to my living room television as my secondary console.
  5. JaredRangel Win User

Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version

Ok I have both versions of GTA downloaded on my series x the Xbox one version works fine on the series x I then downloaded the series s/x version on the series x I then launched the game and it gives the error message
  6. Alex Pacheco1 Win User

My Xbox Series X won't turn on.

Hello Georges C., thank you for your attention.

But paying 78% of the value of a new console for repair doesn't make any sense to me, I prefer to throw it in the recycling bin (trash), mainly because the warranty ended at 12/28/2022, that is less than 2 months after the warranty. This is disrespectful to the consumer.

But I can only thank you for your attention, I'll keep rooting for Microsoft to fix the Xbox under warranty, otherwise I'll just switch to the competition.
Thema:

1. My launch Series X won't turn on - Similar Threads - launch Series won't

2. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  3. When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...: When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix the problem. (0x80073d0f) and I can’t access my profile home or my games and apps...
  4. How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?: I have both a brand new Xbox series x and a brand new physical copy of starfield, and after installing the game I tried launching it only for it to try and take me to the store, that’s all it does...
  5. Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X: I have reinstalled the game and it is still greying out before crashing. Over 20 attempts, each crashing. Why is my xbox series x crashing while booting fortnite?...
  6. Xbox series x game launching bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x game launching bug: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox series x, but something is wrong with it. When I try to launch some games (e.g. Hitman, Fortnite, Slime rancher 2) The console attempts to launch the game, then...
  7. FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x: When I download FM24 from game pass it won’t load the game keeps asking to insert a disc 57a516ce-7d27-4882-8e85-5b80624341fd
  8. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...
  9. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  10. Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X: I’d like help with an issue I’m having, I bought a new Xbox series X yesterday and I got MK1 today, when I tried launching MK1 the game just closes. After trying a few things nothing worked and...