My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is...

Discus and support My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is it not detected? and how do I fix it? Valorant and Genshin... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maui Ligaya, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Maui Ligaya
    Maui Ligaya Guest

My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is...

My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is it not detected? and how do I fix it?

Valorant and Genshin Impact doesn't detect it and when I run the speed test it says that im not connected to a wifi.

:)

Maui Ligaya, Mar 4, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is it not detected? and how do I fix it?

Many cellular providers block gaming and other high bandwidth services. You should contact them
  3. JuvencioMartin Win User

Nat type problem

but i use mobile hotspot for my laptop instead of wifi router
  4. Magnetic Rock Win User

Streaming Xbox Outside of Home Network

Maybe I should have clarified, I am unable to connect to my xbox via ANY external network not just work. I used to be able to tether my phone to my laptop by creating WiFi hotspot and sharing my cellular network. All of this stopped at the same time. Do
    you know for a FACT there was no updates or patches because I have met others online with the same issue. Once again I never used to have this problem.
  5. Malacath Win User

Using wifi to connect to xbox live?

I've used wifi hotspots with my laptop many times.

Just connect the 360 to the laptop using ethernet connection and switch on internet connection sharing on PC.

Then sign into the hotspot on your laptop and xbox live should then work.

Problem is that an open NAT is not guaranteed.
  6. Ice DjKilla Win User

How to successfully connect to Hotel internet {Xbox 360}

You could also start a VPN.

Also could use a hotspot service on your laptop. In which, you would connect to a hotel wifi on your laptop, broadcast your wifi signal out using a hotspot app. Then connect your xbox to the said hotspot from your computer. Then you can sustain connection
    to Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is... - Similar Threads - laptop able hotspot

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  4. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  5. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. How do I play my xbox x on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play my xbox x on my laptop: How do I connect my xbox x to my laptop so I can play 86efa86f-d118-4f48-9570-7ec23a0b1a31
  8. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  9. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...
  10. Can i buy minecraft on my laptop, and then be able to play that on my ps4 as well by just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i buy minecraft on my laptop, and then be able to play that on my ps4 as well by just...: I've been wondering before i purchase Minecraft is there an edition where i can buy Minecraft to be able to play it on my laptop and also play it on my ps4 without further purchase, just...