My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

Discus and support My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Althea Marie Roa, Mar 1, 2024.

1. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should I do or how much data GB should it consumed before getting back to normal?

:)

Althea Marie Roa, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if I cancelled download it)

Hi Althea.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Normally, the Xbox app doesn't consume an excessive amount of data unless you're downloading heavy games, but the app itself shouldn't.

I checked on my laptop, and it appears to have only used 14 MB in the last 30 days. I suggest you check the actual data usage of the application by going into the Windows settings. Under network status, you'll find the option to check data usage by clicking the appropriate button, with a list of all applications.

I hope I've been helpful.

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. HapPiLyInSaN3 Win User

Xbox multiplayer problem

I figured it out.. the problem was the wifi. I used a Xfinity router and the gateway to my console it has been limited to not constantly consume the data that much. Due to the games i been downloading for the past months.
  4. Firewolf1985 Win User

Downloading Xbox profile

First off, sorry I haven't been on here lately, I've been out of town and didn't have internet. To answer everyones comments and questions,

I haven't been able to try it directly to the modem because i'm using an unsecured wireless internet connection and running the internet from my laptop directly to the xbox. I tried downloading my profile on my friends xbox, and it loaded just fine using
    the same setup. He tried downloading his profile onto my xbox and it downloaded without a hitch.
  5. ajdeemo Win User

Game doesn't recognize downloaded content

Thanks for the response.

Can licensing issues occur when my xbox is not even connected to the internet for a long time? I downloaded the DLC back in February and I played it sometime early this summer, it seemed to work even without a connection. My xbox has not been connected to
    the internet since February.
  6. why is asking a ques Win User

Download Size?!?!?!?

I am very concerned with the usage allowance on the internet as well as this system is such a huge let down having to download so much from the internet

I hate it, it has wasted so much of my time and no one else has been able to use the internet properly when it is downloading as it takes up the bandwidth!
Thema:

My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

1. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if... - Similar Threads - laptop has been

2. my gp66 leopard 3070 laptop has a temp of 95 degrees c. what setting or way can i bring it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my gp66 leopard 3070 laptop has a temp of 95 degrees c. what setting or way can i bring it...: my gp66 leopard 3070 laptop has a temp of 95 degrees c. what setting or way can i bring it down other than a exterior cooling pad 3ab50877-f7a5-452d-b3f1-e57a03abd983
  3. Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing: I have recently tried to start using Xbox remote play and cloud play. The main issue is remote play. Remote play runs almost smoothly but it has MASSIVE screen tearing. And cloud play loads...
  4. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  5. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  6. Cloud gaming has been unusable since I got a new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has been unusable since I got a new laptop: In the past, I've been using xCloud/cloud gaming pretty successfully in combination with another cloud service, Shadow. At the start of this year, though, I got a proper gaming laptop, which has...
  7. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...
  8. how do i check if my windows 11 laptop has got any issues in performance or after all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i check if my windows 11 laptop has got any issues in performance or after all...: how do i check if my windows 11 laptop has got any issues in performance or after all components? f17b161c-d1f6-48cc-bcbe-1e82131206da
  9. Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...: Child has two Xbox names (one for console one for laptop) and one email for both. How do I add both to family safety? ae294462-0d41-4f0d-90ae-462da880a916
  10. My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue?: My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, I read that it could be a driver issue so I tried using an older driver and that didn't fix it. I even factory reset the pc after not being able to find...