My keyboard won't interact with games and some text boxes

Discus and support My keyboard won't interact with games and some text boxes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't interact with games with anything other than my mouse, my keyboard just doesn't make a reaction, it can use chat boxes if i manage to activate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kai_034, Jan 13, 2024.

1. kai_034
    kai_034 Guest

I can't interact with games with anything other than my mouse, my keyboard just doesn't make a reaction, it can use chat boxes if i manage to activate them. Also I can't use some other text boxes like the search bar for apps.

I've tried every USB slot it can be plugged into and it doesn't make a difference. I have plugged in another keyboard to see if its a select problem with the keyboard I have currently, it still didn't interact.

:)

kai_034, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello (), My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

From the information you have provided me, your problem may be found on the computer, check if it is software or hardware.

If it is the software, you can try the following:

Update drivers.

reset your computer.

change the operating system.

Configure the keyboard configuration.

If it is hardware, check the integrity of the computer.

Source of information:

https://hardzone.es/tutoriales/reparacion/portatil-teclado-no-Function/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

This information may be in another language so you will have to change it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope this can help you.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. James.Robertson Win User

Xbox app freezing when trying to use remote keyboard

I open the xbox app on my iphone or ipad, hit the button to the left of the notifications, it shows my console is on and which one it is connected to, I select "open remote control," hit the keyboard function on the bottom left, type anything in (I literally typed "Test" in the box,) hit the return button and it minimizes but text box still appears and the text box on my xbox is not populated with what I type, and when I hit the 'X' to close the the keyboard and text box, the app freezes
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboards work, even some compatible wireless keyboards. Mice do not and likely never will. Keyboard support is for text entry on Internet Explorer and apps, not in games.
  5. maxen Win User

Cant type with controler or keyboard

Are you able to press A in the text box that appears? Does that make the keyboard pop up on screen?
  6. MarkMoore793 Win User

keyboard for messaging

Not sure if the mouse works out of the box, but I certainly use a cheap wireless keyboard for IE and text input and works great. Only thing is some apps dont support it (unless its just me) eg, I cant seem to get youtube search to work with the keyboard
Thema:

1. My keyboard won't interact with games and some text boxes - Similar Threads - keyboard won't interact

2. All-In-One Media Keyboard won't let me type and move the cursor simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    All-In-One Media Keyboard won't let me type and move the cursor simultaneously: I have this Microsoft All-In-One wireless keyboard, which I extensively use. I don't have many issues with it, but this one: the touchpad gets locked when I'm pressing another key. Why is that? It...
  3. My keyboard won't let connect to the Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard won't let connect to the Internet: My xbox won't let me connect to the Internet when I'm using keyboard and mouse. When I select the router I want to connect to it skips the field which lets me enter the password and enters a...
  4. My Keyboard and Mouse won't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Keyboard and Mouse won't work.: My friend suggested to get a 3rd party adapter and it fully works! I totally recommend getting one if your keyboard and mouse isn't working. :) cf3ad1f4-83fb-4c69-8d4d-b091c2a5d66f
  5. Help! when I play minion rush, the game won't respond to the keys on the keyboard when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! when I play minion rush, the game won't respond to the keys on the keyboard when I...: I have been playing minion rush for multiple months now. I have had this keyboard problem ever since I first played the game. Whenever I press a key to move the minion, it doesn't work! I have had...
  6. Some games that use keyboard won't work without controller on.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some games that use keyboard won't work without controller on.: When the Xbox controller turns off and I'm just using keyboard and mouse it will say: "[Username], you need a controller for this game." augh-though I don't need one to play. Is there any way to...
  7. Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard.: Every time I need to sign in or enter my email and the virtual keyboard comes up, as soon as I move off the predictive text bar to the keypad I'm instantly moved back to the top left corner on the...
  8. Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View...

in XboX Insiders
    Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View...: How do I get rid of this virtual keyboard????? It is so frustrating not being able to turn this off because it literally means a button on my controller is useless. Its always been my scoreboard...
  9. My keyboard won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard won't work: My keyboard hv-kb393L doesn't work on fortnite and on splitgate on xbox one s but it work on call of duty modern warfare and call of duty bpack ops cold war 44733a8e-397f-4c19-b406-ef74c8b38b6c
  10. How to Type Name in Game (When xCloud won't recognize your keyboard)?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Type Name in Game (When xCloud won't recognize your keyboard)?: I just started The Outer Worlds, and as you begin the game, you need to enter your character's name. However, using a PC, xCloud won't recognize my keyboard. How do I get around this? I can't move...