My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

Discus and support My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t restart my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched what do I do ecccf5d9-d76a-49b8-9ec3-334c15a3557f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blastoise3456, Apr 12, 2018.

1. My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

my keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t restart my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched what do I do

:)

Blastoise3456, Apr 12, 2018
  2. Bjones88
    Bjones88 Guest
    Party overlay

I always use party overlay. It’s nice to be able to see who is talking when in a game. With that being said, last night I turned my party overlay on (for some reason half the time that I turn on the Xbox the party overlay is off, and half the time it remembers that I left it on) it worked for a few minutes and then disappeared... so I went back to party settings, saw that the overlay switch was ON, and there was a black bar where the gamer tag usually shows up for my overlay. (Middle right of screen for me). It will not go away, and I also can no longer send messages, nor can I see notifications.... I turned it off last night and went to bed. Just turned it on again, same issue. Black bar where the overlay would be, and I can’t receive notifications though all the settings are set to receive. Also, probably the most annoying is that when I hold down the Xbox button on my controller, instead of the “power down or turn off controller” popping up like normal, it opens the party tab! I’m so confused

Bjones88, Apr 12, 2018
  3. C0mplete13
    C0mplete13 Guest
    Party overlay

Did you every fix this or not because I got the same exact problem and don’t know how to fix it

C0mplete13, Apr 12, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

Hi

Can you please try carrying out a full console restart to see if this helps with this. To restart the console can you please press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds to force the console to fully shut down, after this
    can you wait for about a minute then try restarting the console and hopefully everything will be back to normal afterwards.

gds1972, Apr 13, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Can you please try carrying out a full console restart to see if this helps with this. To restart the console can you please press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds to force the console to fully shut down, after this
    can you wait for about a minute then try restarting the console and hopefully everything will be back to normal afterwards.
  6. NINJA 3XTREME Win User

Xbox game bar "the parameter is incorrect" error

Hi Craig,

When i use the keyboard shortcut for the overlay, it opens up ok but it doesnt let me join anyone's parties or games.
  7. Conrai Carneiro Win User

Reset Microsoft Password

I had to reconnect to my network and now I have to renter my Microsoft password. I can’t figure out how to select “reset password” on my tv screen using the Xbox controller(can’t get out of the keyboard) . Any suggestions?
    Use PC or Smartphone for that.

If you know your Microsoft account email address, use this link for reset your password now.

https://account.live.com/pw
  8. Conrai Carneiro Win User

Reset Microsoft Password

I had to reconnect to my network and now I have to renter my Microsoft password. I can’t figure out how to select “reset password” on my tv screen using the Xbox controller(can’t get out of the keyboard) . Any suggestions?
    Use PC or Smartphone for that.

If you know your Microsoft account email address, use this link for reset your password now.

https://account.live.com/pw
  9. MarizaGonzalez Win User

Mic not working in game chat

Did you ever find a solution? Mine does the same thing and I have an XBox One brand level 3 headset. Works fine on party chat, can hear people in game chat, they can’t hear me. I have voice overlay on and my name doesn’t even come up as if I am talking.
    Checked all privacy settings, reset xbox, controller and console updated, etc..
Thema:

1. My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched - Similar Threads - keyboard screen invisible

2. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  3. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  4. How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...: Hi there. I've recently gotten my very first gaming pc with official windows and all that. I still prefer to use my Xbox controller with most of my games and have had no trouble until now. With...
  5. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  6. xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection: im in xbox insider for cloud gaming keyboard on pc it was working great a couple of weeks ago untill recentley when i play fortnite it shows the touch screen instead of the console version which...
  7. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  8. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  9. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  10. Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One: Hello there! Ive been using my xbox one s with a keyboard and mouse for a long time now. And ive been wanting to remove the on screen keyboard because i have a keyboard and i have no use to it....