My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

Discus and support My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex Kit, May 30, 2024.

1. Alex Kit
    Alex Kit Guest

My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to

Also it now says that my upnp is not successful

:)

Alex Kit, May 30, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Alex. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. I understand how frustrating it must be that you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Network on your hotspot. Let me see how I can assist you.

This is unfortunately a common issue with cellular connections, as they use CG-NAT. This type of connection causes issues when connecting to online gaming services, as multiple users share the same IP address. A CG-NAT connection may also result in increased latency, packet loss, and other related bandwidth issues.

The "UPnP Not Successful” message means the network failed to forward the correct ports to access Xbox Network services. This is a side effect of your mobile data using CG-NAT, and it is difficult to resolve in most cases. The connection may have worked fine before, but changes to the connection such as your shared IP address changing, or other people with the same IP address using an Xbox too, can cause the hotspot to stop working.

In this case, you can speak to your mobile provider to see if there's anything they can do to help get you connected, however I'm afraid this usually can't be fixed by Xbox or your mobile provider. For a reliable connection to Xbox Network, you need broadband which has its own public IP address.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Ryxer Win User

iphone wireless hotspot not working with Xbox one

I hear you buddy. I use my iPhone hotspot a lot with my Xbox360 and work very good. Sometimes the connection is better than home. I got an Xbox One today and couldn't connect with my iPhone hotspot. Don't know what the problem is. I couldn't find answers
    either. I don't understand either why Xbox answered you with a link that doesn't even answer a bit of our problem.

I found a way around though. They explain how to connect through your pc or mac and that's what I did. I connected my mac with my iPhone hotspot and now everything works fine. Though it is more work than before to connect.
  4. WH1TECH4P3L Win User

Lagging + Crashing?

I've solved my problem. The lag and disconnections were getting really bad past few days. Had a look through my Iphone while waiting for the Xbox to finally go to the dash. And started using "Personal Hotspot" As my iphone is connected to the wifi at home
    as well as 3G signal I gave it a go. Since using my Xbox live thorugh the Iphone it's not lagged once! And as I'm using the '3' network on the one plan tethering is free! Win!
  5. AlexanderMcCoy2 Win User

Xbox 360 Network Error Status report

I did try my hotspot from my iPhone and it still didn’t want to connect to Xbox live. My 360 does connect to my router and or hotspot and to the internet but refuses to connect to Xbox live. I’ve been hearing on Reddit from people saying that the authentication server for Xbox live called XEMACS has been offline for a few days.
  6. Xxxmystic camxx Win User

Xbox one S won’t connect to iPhone personal hotspot

My xbox wont work with my iphone hotspot idk i try resetting the xbox and iphone still didnt work got any ideas
Thema:

1. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days - Similar Threads - iphone hotspot wont

2. I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?: Hi! So I stupidly decided to delete Minecraft on my IPhone because I thought it would help out with a glitch, without realizing that it would delete my worlds (I am fairly new to the game). If...
  3. Xbox App - Microsoft Rewards Daily/weekly task on iPhone

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App - Microsoft Rewards Daily/weekly task on iPhone: Having problems finding my daily/weekly Microsoft Rewards task in the Xbox app on my mobile since they moved it from Game pass app to the Xbox app. I know it shows in the Game pass where to be...
  4. I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...: Tried changing dns servers, cloudflare and Google. Cat 6 Hard wired cable. OLED lg tv. Brand new a3307967-4de9-49fb-97df-3dcafc96f1f0
  5. How to download technocare APK for iPhone and android?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download technocare APK for iPhone and android?: After spending sometime doing research, the short answer is; APK files only run on Android devices, they will not work on an iPhone/iOS. Which means Alight Motion MOD APK can't be installed on an...
  6. How do I put a image to use for my Xbox background on Xbox using an iPhone?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I put a image to use for my Xbox background on Xbox using an iPhone?: I wanted to have a costum image as background for my xbox one but since xbox doesn't support downloads anymore i don't know how to do this 93da6b2c-2206-4da4-999b-b7c0624c18fc
  7. How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?: I have been able to control my Xbox with my iPhone in the past but the Xbox “lost” my console. I tried readding it by following the steps and as far as my console is concerned it is enabled for...
  8. Xbox Remote Play Black Screen on IPhone

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Remote Play Black Screen on IPhone: I’ve played using Xbox remote play on my phone for a while now without any issues, I recently stopped for a few months and started again. That’s when i started getting the issue of a black screen...
  9. Unable to connect my Xbox one to Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect my Xbox one to Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot.: My Xbox was connected to my wifi until I restarted it. It now can’t connect to any wireless network e81c737e-f325-43fb-87fd-3d9fc92a50a4
  10. Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.: It seems that if I connect my hotspot to my Xbox, the next time I come to use my Xbox…it won’t connect. I have tried to reset MAC address, I’ve reset my hotspot, I’ve restarted the whole console....