My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.

Discus and support My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I stream and sometimes I stream with other players. When I plug in my headset the in-game chat and discord chat only come through my headset so the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ramb0Spar7an117, May 7, 2024.

1. My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.

I stream and sometimes I stream with other players. When I plug in my headset the in-game chat and discord chat only come through my headset so the capture card doesn't get their audio. Is it my headset or a setting I'm just overlooking?

:)

Ramb0Spar7an117, May 7, 2024
  2. frenchsmokebms Win User

Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?

What I don't understand is this is something Microsoft can'tfix with some minor coding with the chat mixers... my headset let's me adjust game volume to voice chat... but it literally turns off Any proxy chats for games while using discord...
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

Mic Settings on Xbox One

Hey Readyer,

You can adjust the sensitivity for your party chat by pressing the Home button and going to the
    System tab. You will be given 3 different sliders Headset Volume, Headset Chat Mixer, and Mic Monitoring. My Razer headset's mic is extremely sensitive so I have to tone down my monitoring, you might want to go the opposite way. Find a sweet
    spot for your headset and you should be good to go. Let us know if this helps!
  4. MeridianWolf Win User

Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

Not game audio, game chat.

In settings, Xbox has an option to make party chat output go through your headset, headset and TV, or TV.

but that's only for party chat. i've always wondered why xbox can't do the same for in-game chat too?

With in game chat, if your headset is plugged in; game chat automatically goes to the headset, with no option to have it output through TV.

really sucks when you can't wear headsets, you can't play socially outside of parties. (in party chat; i use my headset mic, but have their voice output through my TV. game chat has no option to do this, you must wear your headset to hear teammates)
  5. kawaiiCaveman Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Been having the exact same issue for about 2 weeks. Have tried everything. And when I use in game chat, discord, mic monitoring, or any other program I sound perfectly fine! It’s super annoying cause my brothers are on Xbox and they can hardly understand me in party chat.
  6. macoud12 Win User

Xbox One October Update broke the ability to play 360 games using the Companion app

I am experiencing this exact same issue, but with OneGuide. I usually use this method to get audio from my Switch titles to my headset along with Discord voice chat. If this problem goes unfixed, I might have to go invest in a new PC with a proper capture
    device.
Thema:

My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.

1. My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor. - Similar Threads - game chat discord

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  4. Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...: We don't have to be able to talk to the game chat while in a discord party, but it gets kind of annoying how PC players are able to talk in Discord and in the game at the same time. At this point...
  5. Game chat while in Discord/Party Chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game chat while in Discord/Party Chat: Certain games we need to be able to hear game chat while in party chat / discord. Warzone 2 and Sea of Thieves are both really good examples. PC and PS can both hear game chat while in any...
  6. Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?: So i play modern warfare 2 and i dont know why i hear my friend really badly in game chat so i talk with him in discord but i still want to hear the game chat but game chat doesnt work at the same...
  7. Game chat issues with discord on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game chat issues with discord on Series X: Since I have linked my discord account I have been having issues with game chat across a few games ( COD, Fort and Overwatch to na,me a few ), Chat through discord works normally and I can hear...
  8. Discord party chat disappeared and no more in game party audio

in XboX Insiders
    Discord party chat disappeared and no more in game party audio: So last night I tried out the Discord party chat and it worked a treat! However today I have turned on the Xbox and the option to try out the discord party chat has disappeared and I can also no...
  9. Discord and game chat on Dayz xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Discord and game chat on Dayz xbox.: I'm thinking about joining insiders for discord. I want to be in a discord call with my squad and simultaneously use game chat like the PC players/streamers do while playing Dayz. Does it work...
  10. Streaming Party/discord/game chat, mouse acceleration, astro a40tr don't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Party/discord/game chat, mouse acceleration, astro a40tr don't work.: I buy the series x to be able to stream with the webcam, but i have a big problem, when i play i don't hear the voice from my friends in the party / discord / game chat, there is no way to make...