My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

Discus and support My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raamis Hassan, Jan 16, 2024.

1. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing worked, so I contacted microsoft live support. The person I was talking to was able to make it so that I could hear audio from my laptop's speakers, but not from the headset I plugged in. I don't recall what he did, but I know it had to do with updating some drivers in my device manager and some stuff in my control panel.

My laptop recognises it.

I've tried unplugging and plugging back in, restarting my computer and then plugging it in, but nothing seems to work.

Please help !

:)

Raamis Hassan, Jan 16, 2024
  2. JUST DO IT415 Win User

no headset working on Xbox one

Do you think it could be related to your controller's 3.5mm plug in? Sometimes my HyperX headset needs an unplug/replug in order to be working properly.
  3. AJL004 Win User

Headset or controller problems.

I have exactly the same problem, working fine through 3.5mm headset jack on controller, next day no sound at all through controller, only through tv. Controllers won't recognise headset plugged in. I have two controller and both the same. Headset ok on other
    devices and worked fine on xbox one s prior. Just randomly stooped recognising headset plugged in.

Have followed all trouble shooting recommendations and no joy.
  4. MPAC_803 Win User

Sades headset suddenly not recognised by Xbox One X - no sound or mic

Thanks XBF Crystal P.

As outlined in my original post - I've already tried all the things you recommended. I know the headset works (tested with my laptop) and that the controller and spare controller are fine too. Both have been working fine and then suddenly the controller
    and xbox won't recognise the headset? This seems to be a wider issue according to other threads with other gamers too.

This is an Xbox issue...
  5. CaraT98 Win User

Specific headset does not work with specific controller. Help?

None of those troubleshooting steps are appropriate to my situation. As evident from the fact that sound plays out of other connected listening devices, there is no issue in my sound settings; and I cannot change the volume or similar, as the device and
    accessory settings are not acknowledging that there is a headset connected (and there is sound when connected to other headsets). I am aware that this option appears below "buzz" in the device and accessory settings.

It is not that the mic is not recording, or that sound is not coming through the headset, it is that the controller won't recognise that there is anything plugged in when combined with my headset (even though it can recognise other devices, and the headset
    is working).

Thanks anyway.
  6. blueyestm-[xboxvenue Win User

Headphones muted

I was just in chat because none of my headsets work and I also asked about that as well because mine does the same thing. Apparently it was from the update. I can't get that to unmute either. My main issue is that nobody can hear me via chat in party
    or game. I can hear them but they can't hear me. My chat mixer does not show up when I plug in the headsets. I've tried 2 different headsets and 2 controllers. Reset console and NAT settings in router. Nothing works. The chat mixer seems to be a bug
    which they are working on but I mean come on, I couldn't chat before this update so....

The headsets work testing Skype on the console and i tested them on the laptop so I know they function. It's really frustrating not being able to chat with your friends.
Thema:

My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

1. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear... - Similar Threads - HyperX headset won't

2. How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?: I got the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless headset and have no clue how to pair it to my xbox series x. The vague instructions and the limited online search results aren't helpful what so ever....
  3. why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working: I have a hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset, it’s not a usb one but for some reason the audio will go out for a few seconds and reconnect. it’s fully charged and it keeps doing it....
  4. HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless headset not working on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless headset not working on Xbox.: Why does the HyperX Cloud Alpha wireless headsets not work with Xbox, when there are multiple other headsets of the brand that do. Including even the wired version of the same headset lmao. Due to...
  5. hyperx headset issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    hyperx headset issues: so i was in a party and i could hear and talk and everything was fine and then i take it off and put it down on my bed to go to the bathroom and when i come back it shows that im talking in party...
  6. HyperX CloudX Flight Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    HyperX CloudX Flight Headset: I recently got a HyperX CloudX Flight headset for Christmas and the audio sounds muffled. Are there drivers I need to install or settings I should adjust to fix this? I have a cheaper wired...
  7. replacement mic for the Hyperx Cloudx Flight wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    replacement mic for the Hyperx Cloudx Flight wireless headset: how can get or find a placement mic for my Hyperx Cloudx Flight headset? 96acfa7d-2818-49ef-b135-145fd87ed401
  8. HyperX Headset not connecting anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    HyperX Headset not connecting anymore: My HyperX headset for Xbox One is no longer connecting. I’ve tried it on my laptop so I know it still works, but it will not work on any of our Xbox controllers (we have 3). We just got the Xbox,...
  9. Hyperx Kingston headset hookup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hyperx Kingston headset hookup: Was just curious if you can hookup any headset using usb adapter or are you forced to use the adapter for the controller. Also if it makes a difference I'm running on a OG xbox 1. [img]...
  10. HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset Problems: I have hyperX cloud alpha headset but continues to stop working with the Xbox 1. I have looked at the settings, had the headset and controller replaced and it continues to be a problem. Can...