My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my...

Discus and support My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My hot mail account has been locked and I can’t sign in to it , because my sons Xbox account is connected to this he is unable to log in and play, is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Michelle Peplow (White, Aug 26, 2023.

1. My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my...

My hot mail account has been locked and I can’t sign in to it , because my sons Xbox account is connected to this he is unable to log in and play, is there anything we can do to get the emails changed to another account do he can get up and running ?

:)

Michelle Peplow (White, Aug 26, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my sons Xbox Is connected to this account he is unable to log on and play

Hi Michelle Peplow (White Cross),

Thank you for the update.

We appreciate you have detailed out your last interaction with the support team. Should the team experiencing have high volume of customer to assist. There is a possibility of delayed responses. Just like we have here in Xbox category. Should you have waited for long with no response. Please contact our live support team for assistance and provide the case number you had with our support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

[​IMG]

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Regards,
  3. Kathy A. Win User

My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my sons Xbox Is connected to this account he is unable to log on and play

Hello Michelle Peplow (White Cross),

Thanks for the reply.

Just to set your expectation, Microsoft account is managed by a completely automated server and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can in helping you with the process.

The error message your account has been locked shows in an account when it has activity that might have violate our Terms of Use.

We have here a support article that is a guide about this error message that you are getting. There is a Sign in button that you can click and tips of what you should be doing. Then, on there are two option that you can select how to describe your experience and both of them are on drop down arrow.

Link: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

Feel free to use this link as aside from this link and compliancelock form there is no other way to to unlock an account.

We hope you can unlock your account.

Regards,
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Michelle Peplow (White Cross),

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to recover your account that was locked. We know how important it is for you to access the account especially as it is linked to your son's account. Just to set your expectations, the Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from possible malicious activity. Please allow me to do the best I can to help you recover your account.

Can we ask what is the error message or code you are having? To unlock your account, this depends on the error message you will get when you try to sign into your account on this link: https://account.microsoft.com

If your account is showing an error message Account has been locked. This is because of the activity associated with your account might violate our Terms of Use. Please follow the recommendation from this link: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

However, if the error showing is Microsoft account does not exist, there are three steps you will be taking:

Lastly, for account verification issues, security information - alternate contact email address or phone number is relevant in recovering the account. Ensure you can provide your password and account verification code sent to the security information added to your account. Without security information you will have slim chance of recovering the account.

Regarding your son's Xbox account, you can change the email associated with the account by following these steps:

1. Sign in to the Xbox website with your son's account.

2. Go to the "My Account" page.

3. Click on "Security" and then "Update Contact Information."

4. Enter the new email address and click "Save."

Once you've update the email address associated with your son's Xbox account, he should be able to log in and play without any issues.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Michelle Peplow (Whi Win User

Hi thanks for the reply

I have tried the link you posted but still get the same message that my account has been locked
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Michelle Peplow (White Cross)

Thanks for the reply and update.

May we confirm what you see when you select the link below?

Link: Sign in

Do you see a next option or verify your identity?

If there is no next option:

If you don't see the Next option when you sign in, your account has been locked due to suspicious activity or for violating of Microsoft’s Terms of Use agreement.

For help reinstating your account, select the link in the window that begins with aka.ms/. Follow the instructions provided. Once we receive your information, we'll review the request to unlock your account.

Important:

After you submit the form, a Microsoft Online Safety support agent will review it and contact you by email. Please do not submit additional requests, as this may slow down our response time.

To protect your account and its contents, our support agents and advocates can only send password reset links or access and change account details when you submit the account reinstatement form.

If you didn't receive a security code:

You can use any phone number that can receive text messages; it doesn’t need to be associated with your account.

We won't use or give out the phone number, and the code sent to it will expire after 10 minutes.

This means you could use a friend or work colleague's phone without compromising your account security.

The quickest way to get your account unlocked is by requesting and entering a security code online. If you haven’t tried unlocking your account online, we recommend you start there.

Tip: If your security code doesn't work, make sure you enter the numbers in the body of the message, and not the numbers in the header.

If you see a "usage limit exceeded" error message when requesting a security code, this could mean the phone number has been used too many times in a short period of time, or that we've detected something suspicious about the phone number.

We look forward for your reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my...

1. My hotmail account has been locked and I’m having trouble getting it unlocked , because my... - Similar Threads - hotmail account has

2. Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account: Dear support team, I am trying to access my minecraft account, but now they made it microsoft log in or something. Anyway, my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  3. Lost Hotmail Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Hotmail Account: Heya. I lost my Hotmail account linked to my xbox account like three years ago, and have put in like 20 recoveries trying to reobtain it but none have gone through. I've been getting a strong urge...
  4. I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account.: I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account. Hotmail doesn't exist so I can't set it up as a new one. c23daf49-8246-46f3-82fb-b812ee21dab6
  5. * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account: Hi, My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it. Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox...
  6. locked hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    locked hotmail account: hi my name is isak freyr my hotmail is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and its locked this was my first email adress i only use this account for games like...
  7. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...
  8. Can't access new Hotmail account, so Xbox has stolen $70 from me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access new Hotmail account, so Xbox has stolen $70 from me: Hi, Recently bought my first Xbox -- a Series X. Was instructed to make a new hotmail account to create a Gamertag. Made one. Forgot password. I think I put in a phone number for 2FA, but...
  9. My hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox profile has been temporarily suspended & I can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox profile has been temporarily suspended & I can't ...: Hi All, My hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox profile has been suddenly temporarily suspended & I can't sign in with my Xbox profile. How can I solve this issue ?? Appreciate if anyone...
  10. Xbox One Update has created a Security Issue for Hotmail Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Update has created a Security Issue for Hotmail Account: If I open Edge and go to hotmail it now automatically signs me in (before the update I had to login to hotmail even though I was already logged in to the xbox one console). This is bad because I...