My home Xbox - cannot save changes

Discus and support My home Xbox - cannot save changes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to get help on Xbox support chat, and did not get a proper solution. I purchased an Xbox One. On Christmas eve I added my old @hotmail.com... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kaidobor, Dec 30, 2016.

1. kaidobor
    kaidobor Guest

I tried to get help on Xbox support chat, and did not get a proper solution.

I purchased an Xbox One. On Christmas eve I added my old @hotmail.com account (more than 15 years old). I have never ever played with Xbox earlier. I added the games from voutchers which were in the box, and also have purchased two games online. I then added
    also my kids accounts. Later found that offline playing was not possible and heard that this is possible with My home Xbox setting. So tried to set it and was not possible (Response: Unable to save changes. Something went wrong ...).

First support chat guided me through full reset of account and this did not help. We called it a day.

Second support chat told me that I cannot assigne an Xbox as My home Xbox, if I don't have a subscription (Gold?). But actually, when I made a completely new outlook.com account for myself and added this to the same Xbox, this account was automatically assigned
    to the Xbox as "My home Xbox" and I was able to turn this off, and on again. Without error messages. And without any subscription. Support claimed that I shouldn't really worry about this, but I am not sure. I started 14-day Gold trial, still no success in
    setting the device as My home Xbox.

Once again, I have never ever played Xbox before with the account, so I have not maxed out the 3x per year changes of home Xbox device.

I am sort of pissed, that I have now few digital-only games on my account and I may be completely unable to use this account fully (e.g. sharing Gold at home). And Microsoft is unwilling to properly solve this, e.g. by transferring the games (only activated
    or purchased during the week, so this is not a hidden resale) to my alternative account, which does not have problems. Or if my original account can be fixed, that would be best of course.

How can I proceed from here, any suggestions?

:)

kaidobor, Dec 30, 2016
  2. Cannot save changes

I have gave my friend my account details to gameshare with him and he cannot set it to his 'home xbox'. whenever he tries it says "cannot save changes....."

lewisfisher18, Dec 30, 2016
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Cannot change my home xbox

Hi, if you call Xbox phone support they may be willing to reset the Home Xbox setting on your account.

EggsBoxJuan, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there kaidobor.

Really sorry to hear about the confusion provided by support, a Gold subscription isn't needed to set your Xbox One as your Home console. It is odd that you're continuously receiving this error though. Since this first began, have you tried removing your Xbox
    Live account from your Xbox One and adding it back? Also, please make sure the region of your account is set to your physical location, cross-region accounts aren't supported and can sometimes cause issues like this.

Mister Maka, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there kaidobor.

Really sorry to hear about the confusion provided by support, a Gold subscription isn't needed to set your Xbox One as your Home console. It is odd that you're continuously receiving this error though. Since this first began, have you tried removing your Xbox
    Live account from your Xbox One and adding it back? Also, please make sure the region of your account is set to your physical location, cross-region accounts aren't supported and can sometimes cause issues like this.
  6. xPaM tHe MaNx Win User

Home Xbox

I cannot remove my account from being the home xbox. I have 4 switches left but cannot change it, it gives a pop up message saying 'Unable to save changes: WE are unable to connect to the service at the moment. Try again in a little while'. I have been having
    this message for the past few days, I already tried a factory reset.
    So you want to remove your current account as that specific xbox as your home Xbox?
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Cannot change my home xbox

Hi, if you call Xbox phone support they may be willing to reset the Home Xbox setting on your account.
  8. Rvoqs Win User

My home xbox - Unable to save changes

I thought that at first but I have 3 switches left.
  9. Tomm_A Win User

My home xbox - Unable to save changes

Hello kamatchuDZ,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

1. My home Xbox - cannot save changes - Similar Threads - home cannot save

2. 360 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LIVE SO THIS CANNOT BE FIXED BY US AT HOME LOOKS LIKE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LIVE SO THIS CANNOT BE FIXED BY US AT HOME LOOKS LIKE ?: Xbox Live down FOR 24 hrs on 360 WTH PLAYING FOR 12 YRS & THIS IS HOW 360 GETS TREATED WOW BILL GATES U ARE ONE GREDDY MAN 191e91e7-2f81-47f2-ac3e-59bf30a18e9e
  3. I cannot set my home xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my home xbox.: Here's what happened: Battlefield V says I'm a trial user. I'm using a friend's Gamepass Ultimate, so I should have EA Play.(UFC 4 works, so I know I do.) I decided to factory reset my xbox and...
  4. Cannot put my account as my home Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot put my account as my home Xbox: I have reset my console hard reset and still not working does anyone have an idea on how to fix it bb2694c3-6fa2-4229-9039-8f5af3d76d40
  5. I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X: I still have 4 switches left and when marking for home console on my Xbox One X, I encounter error saying Unable to Save Changes. This happens to all other accounts( new or old ). I have tried...
  6. Cannot set new series x console to home

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot set new series x console to home: Hi I have seen this issue in a few threads with no resolve. I have 2 consoles, my personal and my sons. I have a series x and I just upgraded my sons console from an original XboxOne to the series...
  7. Cannot remote play, even on home network, on my Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remote play, even on home network, on my Series X: Remote play has suddenly stopped working both on my iPhone and iPad. It wasn’t too long ago that I didn’t have much trouble with it, but I think with the last alpha skip ahead update is when it...
  8. Cannot play a game I own on my home console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play a game I own on my home console: I absolutely beyond any shadow of a doubt own the game in question, Mirrors Edge, seeing as it was free with gold in 2016 and i downlaoded it from my library, yet it still tells me to sign in with...
  9. 2 xboxes. Cannot invite from non home xbox to home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xboxes. Cannot invite from non home xbox to home xbox: So this is a weird one. We have 2 xboxes. One down stairs is main home xbox and up stairs is non home xbox. So both my boys are playing on their own profiles. We have xbox ultimate on a parent...
  10. Your home xbox settings cannot be changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your home xbox settings cannot be changed: so i've had this old xbox one for a while and i could never figure out how to transfer the games from the old xbox to the new one. until i heard about game sharing. i have two accounts (new)...