My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps

Discus and support My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; when I turn it on it lets me login but then all it tells me is “something went wrong”. I can open my menu with the Xbox button but I can only open... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Skippy John Jones, Apr 13, 2023.

1. My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps

when I turn it on it lets me login but then all it tells me is “something went wrong”. I can open my menu with the Xbox button but I can only open settings nothing else will open.

:)

Skippy John Jones, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Skippy John Jones Win User

Thank you for the help Anderson it is greatly appreciated.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

4. lzyazn Win User

Latest update seems to have renedered my console useless. Any suggestions.

This exact problem happened to me. I just updated and boom just black screen instead of home screen. I click report a problem and it goes to open the app then black screen. I put in a disk and loads up the game screen and then black screen.
  5. ZVZZVZZ Win User

Xbox start up problems

Xbox doesn’t need an update; i am on Home Screen; I can’t really load or do anything though; any actions freeze and take minutes to load games and apps or an app; can’t open anything in settings as “it takes too long to start” the xbox is horrendously slow even though i just factory reset it, and updated mind you, but everytime i turn it off i get a black screen turning it on and have to power cycle, sometimes it gets stuck on green screen but luckily for now after a few attempts i can still be brought to home screen, i just honestly can’t turn the xbox off because i don’t know if it will end up breaking again and have to factory reset it but i can’t even use the xbox as is, as everything freezes and takes forever to start or do anything, had a game download to 75% just for it to stop for some reason and i can’t pause the download or anything because it freezes and takes too long; debating opening the xbox and cleaning though it’s been cleaned before and it still eventually ends up useless; TLDR: xbox can’t be turned off or gets stuck on startup, several tries eventually show home screen but xbox is too slow to even use or do anything with
  6. Bodski1 Win User

Xbox One - Black Screen Of Death

All connections are fine to my Xbox as the loading screen comes on for a few minutes then goes away, sometimes after about 15 minutes of the black screen it shows my wall paper and a few apps/games but I cannot access them or go to my games and apps, my Xbox is extremely slow otherwise and I can’t even access the guide. After 5 minutes of being on the Home Screen it goes off by itself, making me repeat the whole process all over again.
Thema:

1. My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps - Similar Threads - home screen black

2. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  3. Xbox Series X black triangular artifacts everywhere...but not on home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X black triangular artifacts everywhere...but not on home screen: Hey everyone! The other day while playing Starfield I started seeing black flashing triangular artifacts flashing all over the screen...but not while on the home screen. Very strange Every single...
  4. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  5. How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button: The game works just fine it's just every time I go to press the home button to check notification from friends or whatnot and then go back to the game it's black for a couple of seconds which...
  6. On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...: I'll buy a good game. Not! Because of race. 94da3583-dd79-47a9-9e85-5b6beb8a1857
  7. why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...: I just got a new Xbox series s today and randomly it will just go blank, I can still hear, and when I press buttons it does stuff, but it is completely blank for about 2 seconds then comes back...
  8. Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data: Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data So I am having this problem for a while. I use the Xbox app to remote play, when I am connected to my home...
  9. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen: Hey All, Glad I found this forum, hope someone can help. Monitor works find in-game. Monitor works fine switching between games. Going from a game to the Home Screen, screen goes black. Unplug...
  10. Xbox one- game starts then goes black and back to the home screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one- game starts then goes black and back to the home screen.: Game starts then goes black for a second and back to the home screen. After this happens once (with any game) I click on the game tile and nothing happens. I've factory reset, hard reset and...