My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

Discus and support My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Smulgey, Jul 1, 2023.

1. /u/Smulgey
    /u/Smulgey Guest

My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out

submitted by /u/Smulgey
    [link] [comments]

/u/Smulgey, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Levi Lyons Win User

Headphone jack quit working again.

It didn’t get dropped and then stop working though, it was sitting on my counter as I was standing next to it. Was in the middle of a sentence when I grabbed the controller and then click mic stopped working and does crackly stuff when I move the port around and yes it is loose but wasn’t like that before. I don’t have the small tools to pull this thing apart and try to fix it. The port works, I registers my headset hooked up but doesn’t register a working mic, even though the headset is also a brand new rig headset. Made sure the headset isn’t what’s wrong
  3. hobblejp Win User

Headphones

There are a few work a rounds you can do.

1) There are mic and headphone connectors for 360 from 3rd party developers that plug into controller and let you connect a standard PC headset to a 360 controller

2) you could simply ignore the mic and plug headphones into the TV then put the 360 headset over them and set it to play voice back through speakers then you get the voice chat through the headphones and the headset over the top to talk into and talk to
    people.

3) The final one is a mix of both and I'm not sure if it even works, you connect your headset with the mic bit in the controller and the headphone audio into the TV headphone socket then change the 360 settings to play voice chat etc through the speakers
    which as you have the headphone plugged in should put the sound through the headphone to you.
  4. lanikane Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

@Monty Airline

How did you manage do use Kinect as mic while your headphones are connected to the controller? As soon as I plug in my headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter my Kinect won't work as mic anymore... Strange thing is, this also happens if my headphones
    don't have an integrated mic
  5. Districtopia Win User

Bose QC15 and Xbox One

Is it an inline mic? I just Googled that headset and it looks like it probably comes with an inline mic that works on "most Apple products" according to the description. If that's the case I am guessing it's probably not going to work. You will be able to
    get sound through the headphones but won't be able to use the mic. I was in the same boat with my 3rd party headphones that I tried to use with the inline mic they came with. There is a pretty cheap fix I utlized, though. Just buy one of these:

smile.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Instead of the cable you're currently using you would just plug one end of this into the Microsoft headset adapter on the controller and the other (the end with the mic) into the headphones.
  6. EM1 B16A2 Win User

Quick turtle beach questions. Please Help!

What I use is a pair of decent Sony dj headphones which plug into my audio receiver and then connect a small Jabra mobile phone headset to the Xbox controller. Works just as good as gaming headphones with a mic.
Thema:

1. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic... - Similar Threads - headset isn’t working

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  5. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  6. Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t: Why does it think it’s connected and when I plug in my mic I can’t talk and I can only hear out of one side of my headset 526fcfa9-c5dd-44da-8a5c-7b942f6b3cbb
  7. Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working: I recently bought the Xbox wireless gaming headset for my PC. I’m using Windows 10 and Discord chat client. For some reason when I’m in game I can’t adjust the voice/game mix and when I engage...
  8. Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?: So the new Microsoft Xbox wireless headset for the new Xbox series X is a fantastic headset. Feels great and sounds great. But one of the reasons why I got it is for mic monitoring. I set it on...
  9. Headset isn’t working on Xbox help asap

in XboX Insiders
    Headset isn’t working on Xbox help asap: Hey I have a wireless headset that usb plugs into the Xbox. It works for my pc but just tried to do it on the Xbox and isn’t playing any sound any advice submitted by /u/Rrollerrr [link]...
  10. I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem): Yesterday i turned on my xbox and i found myself unable to talk through the mic but able to hear sound and other people. I tried the headset with another controller and it wroked fine. How do i...