My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

Discus and support My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ttv storm___ Bennnn, Mar 15, 2024.

1. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

:)

Ttv storm___ Bennnn, Mar 15, 2024
  2. chanddow Win User

Can’t hear voices on war-zone through headset.

Hi Georges C, Thanks for getting back to me. I have already done a cache cleanup and still has not fixed the problem. My headset format is set on “stereo uncompressed”.

Also when I press the Xbox button and go down to the bottom right to Audio & music it’s greyed out and says ! “ Use your headset or other devices to change volume”. I can see my headset volume half way but the other two - headset chat mixer and Mic monitoring are turned all the way down and won’t allow me to turn them up.
  3. theresarobles1 Win User

Not able to hear others in Xbox One party chat.

I am experiencing the same issue and i cannot ungray the audio box that lists the following:

headset volume

headset chat mixer

mic monitoring
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Issue with headset mics on Xbox one

Ok, try this.

With headset in, press xbox button on controller...

Press RB to scroll right to cog icon(system).

Scroll down to AUDIO.

Here you should see several options

1.headset mic on/off toggle

2.headset volume

3.headset chat mixer

4.mic monitoring

Check these..

Turn on mic monitoring and adjust monitoring volume

Let me know how you get on
  5. Casey Rackham Win User

How to get sound through headset?

just plug any headphone in the press the home button then scroll to the right. you should all see a settings icon, don't click on it but you should see head set volume chat mixer
    and mic monitoring, put the headset volume all the way up then put the headset chat miver all the way to the left it will have a controller icon above it THAT IS THE MAIN ONE, then mic monitoring all the way up :) ENJOY
  6. LadyMulder Win User

Chat mixer disappeared

I cant find mine either. I thought it might be that my headset was not able to perform that function but I checked the specs on it, and it can. However I am also only showing headset volume and mic monitoring. No chat mixer. Does anyone know how to fix this?!?!
Thema:

My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

1. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume - Similar Threads - headset chat mixer

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  4. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  5. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  6. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  7. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b
  8. headset chat mixer still greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer still greyed out?: ive tried every thing in the book to make the mixer turn on ive tried updating my controller with it plugged in, ive tried slowly putting it in and ive also tried to hard reset my xbox yet it...
  9. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  10. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...