My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have...

Discus and support My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My GTA will not load past the loading screen and I don't know what to do 8f8ce83b-d218-4bcd-8265-29b61bb51ca0 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jasmine Montgomery, Sep 13, 2023.

1. My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have...

My GTA will not load past the loading screen and I don't know what to do

:)

Jasmine Montgomery, Sep 13, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have restarted my Xbox and unplugged it but it still won't load

3. Lavenia A. Win User

My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have restarted my Xbox and unplugged it but it still won't load

Hi Jasmine Montgomery,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

I am aware that you're experiencing issues with GTA 5 on your Xbox. I am here to help and let us work on this together.

Here are some potential solutions you could try:

Restart the game.

Sometimes a game freeze or startup problem can be caused by a temporary issue that can be corrected simply by exiting and restarting the game. If the game is running, try exiting to the Home screen. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Note Some game freezes can keep you from exiting the game. If you can’t return to the Home screen, skip to Step 3: Power cycle your console.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Quit.
    3. Try to restart the game.
    Update your graphics drivers, GTA V, and Windows. Make sure everything is up to date.

Restart your internet router and check your connection to the servers. A poor network connection can hinder the game’s ability to connect to Rockstar servers.

Try playing the game offline to see if it loads properly. If it does, there may be an issue with your internet connection.

Close all running processes and perform a clean boot This can help guarantee that the game is not being interfered with by other programs. See How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support.

Delete and reinstall the game. This can help fix any corrupted game files that may be causing the issue.

For more troubleshooting guide, see Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support.

I hope these helps. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. KevinSchneider3 Win User

Xbox 360 GTA 5

I don't have/play GTA V Online. I have GTA 5 as Disc (CD) — I currently have no Xbox live Gold membership / you don't need that to play GTA V — I already completed every mission. I just want to continue playing it as usual, but like I said I'm stuck in
    the Story-Mode loading screen.
  5. bbarley Win User

Dead Rising 3 Load times/Freezing

I have had the dropping back to the home screen on occasion. I think the quick start or quick load option might be what is causing that issue. But I can say I have had minor issues with the game. For as much as I loved Skyrim....man that was one buggy
    game on the 360. I don't know how many times my frame rate would just crash, or my load screen would freeze.
  6. ZTROOPER16 Win User

sleeping dogs or gta v

I have Sleeping dogs on X360 loved it. But GTA 5 crashes it. I would go with GTA 5.
Thema:

My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have...

1. My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have... - Similar Threads - GTA gets loading

2. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  3. Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...: First of all, most of the games similar age to it remains 24/7 on the streaming service and let's not forget the time it was on cloud, GTA 5 was the Most popular game on cloud gaming, keeping the...
  4. It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5: Like fix it to where I can play 679882fd-2ae7-43cf-a0e2-13e7fd854d55
  5. Why do I get the alert of “you can’t migrate your gta online profile while it’s signed in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get the alert of “you can’t migrate your gta online profile while it’s signed in...: Don’t know how to sign out of old gen to migrate to enhanced gen e8f7a5ad-75f5-49c7-b061-036d6283af5a
  6. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  7. Can you get GTA + on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you get GTA + on Xbox One S: I have recently brought GTA + and haven’t got any thing from it. 8aca021b-3eb4-49b7-b154-e76b630ab0a4
  8. I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on...: I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on the online? 0858b7c3-0603-41c6-a069-d09fd5eda07a
  9. when you get xbox ultimate and play gta 5 Xbox series x/s will you get story mode or gta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when you get xbox ultimate and play gta 5 Xbox series x/s will you get story mode or gta...: please help because i am going to buy game pass ultimate dea5759c-2c0d-4d91-9b8f-23c3a2b173bf
  10. I didn't get my GTA starter pack and it keeps on connecting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didn't get my GTA starter pack and it keeps on connecting: I didn't get my GTA starter pack And it keep Connecting 353d54d6-a5e1-4ea2-b968-4a2390d6529d