My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...

Discus and support My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv? edd1361b-74d6-46ac-9e5c-4bbeaa41013b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Deborah Davis2, Jun 20, 2023.

1. My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv?

:)

Deborah Davis2, Jun 20, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv?

if the monitor has a headphone jack you can hook that up to a soundbar or speakers with a 3.5mm connector, if not then you would need to get a soundbar with hdmi connection with passthrough. or you could connect the soundbar to the controllers headphone jack but you would lose the ability to use mic.

there are also hdmi splitters that split off the audio to a headphone jack or optical.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Deborah, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

It depends on the console. If he has an Xbox up to the One X then there should be an Optical Port on the back. Most sound bars will offer an optical in option for this as they offer a really good audio option for the console. If he's using the Xbox Series X or S then the Optical Port is not a feature so he would need to purchase either an Xbox compatable Wireless headset or a wired headset that can plug into his controller.
  4. SaintAvalon Win User

Xbox fan running, Nothing appears on screen

Have you tried the steps on the following page:
    support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

This will show you how to reset your Xbox out put settings, and can hopefully reset the connection to your HDMI. If this doesn't work, do you have another monitor/tv you can test it with? Make sure it isn't just your monitor? Also is your monitor on and
    set to the correct input?
  5. tigerman57 Win User

Setting up Xbox One Guide to Computer Monitor

I think I didn't add enough info to my main comment. My xbox one in fulling connected to my monitor. I'm just trying to set up my cable box to it. My xbox knows how to turn on and off my cable box, but the Xbox can not recognize my monitor through the whole
    "Is it muted now" process. Since I'm using a HP monitor I selected HP TV and it didn't work. I'm trying to see what else I can do to try to connect my cable box to my monitor through my xbox one
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi , Help with Connecting XBOX to PC Monitor

H there,

there are several cables that can be used to connect the console to a pc monitor, most used is probably the the vga cable. You can find it here :

support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-360-console-tv

I don't know the price and you might also need something else to connect audio, depending on the monitor (if it has speakers or not)

If you have any questions, just let us know
Thema:

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...

1. My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to... - Similar Threads - grandson has connected

2. How can I send a digital game from my account to my grandson's?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I send a digital game from my account to my grandson's?: I purchased a Minecraft xbox game for my grandson's birthday. I did not know it was digital because I have no experience with gaming. Now that I recieved the game, how can I pass it on to my...
  3. I would like a refund on an Xbox game pass which I brought my grandson for Christmas in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like a refund on an Xbox game pass which I brought my grandson for Christmas in...: I need a refund on a Xbox game pass that I brought my grandson for Christmas in error, I should of brought a game voucher (Green) 28c7cf57-11af-473f-b392-3b97dac52813
  4. I purchased Madden24 for my grandson. He called and said the code has already bee...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased Madden24 for my grandson. He called and said the code has already bee...: I purchased Madden24 for my grandson. He called and said the code has already bee redeemed. How can I find out if I redeemed in error and if so how can I get the game to him....
  5. Gave my grandson my xbox one I got a new one when he's playing on his I can't on mine how...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gave my grandson my xbox one I got a new one when he's playing on his I can't on mine how...: Gave my grandson my xbox one I got a new one when he's playing on his I can't on mine how do I remove my account without messing up his f3aa4642-1e78-40c3-b778-ddd01bec71c4
  6. My son has suddenly died. He set up a account for my grandson for his Xbox and now we can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has suddenly died. He set up a account for my grandson for his Xbox and now we can’t...: My son has suddenly died he set up an account for my grandson for his Xbox now we can’t gain access for my grandson as we don’t know the email or security info please help...
  7. Hi my grandson has been using my card and it’s moonyed to £100’s of pound how can I speak...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my grandson has been using my card and it’s moonyed to £100’s of pound how can I speak...: My grandson has been using my card and he took hundreds of pounds I’m devastated is there anyway I can speak to someone I’ve tried but to no avail please can anyone recommend what I can do?...
  8. My Son has a series S and an XBox Ultimate Pass for my grandson to use...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Son has a series S and an XBox Ultimate Pass for my grandson to use...: If I were to purchase another Xbox series S, for my grandchild to use for a couple of hours a week when he visits me, would I need another game pass or could he use the existing one? The Xbox...
  9. My grandson has been in violation of something on his XBOX. I am trying to figure out the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My grandson has been in violation of something on his XBOX. I am trying to figure out the...: Please help. THe account is in my name Tammy Fannin. How can I find out what violations he has caused. Thanks Tammy Send to my email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  10. Hi Microsoft its Jeanette my grandson has been hacked he has lost his stuff on rocketleague ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi Microsoft its Jeanette my grandson has been hacked he has lost his stuff on rocketleague ...: 20 xx and heat and his account what is it has my account details on it what is saved on it he is really upset he won't to know if he can get his stuff back and U7BUY be banned or something...