My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do?

Discus and support My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend sent me a gift but it was sent to the wrong email address, is there anything that can be done? Thanks e12e5ce8-3858-4fdf-93a3-9293bab67417 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrea Donnelly, Nov 24, 2023.

1. My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do?

My friend sent me a gift but it was sent to the wrong email address, is there anything that can be done? Thanks

:)

Andrea Donnelly, Nov 24, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that your gift was sent to the wrong email address. To resolve this issue, we recommend you reach out to our live support team. Since this requires some verification, please inform your friend (sender) to contact live Support directly and provide them with the details of the gift, including your gamertag, their gamertag, and the email address that the gift was sent to. They will be able to assist you further. Please follow the steps below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. DanM123 Win User

Accidentally sent a gift to the wrong email address

That would normally work but microsoft support is automated.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Gift code sent to wrong email address

Hey there,

For assistance with purchases, we recommend reaching out to our chat or phone support team through our
    Contact Us page to see what can be done. We are unable to guarantee that the order can be canceled since the code was sent to a different email address, but please be sure to reach out
    to see what can be done.

Thanks for posting.
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Gifted game sent to wrong email address

Hello sorry you are experiencing this. It is always best to double check emails before sending gifts to people. The best thing in this situation would be to call and speak with a live representative through XBox to see if they can possibly help. I really
    dont think its a refund option available for this sorry.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Accidentally sent a gift to the wrong email address

Hi DanM123,

Thank you for your post. If you've sent a gift to the wrong e-mail address, please submit a

Refund Request
    to get in contact with a refund agent to have the gift refunded so you can send it to the correct e-mail.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do? - Similar Threads - gift was sent

2. My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox: I have sent my friend this code today, and when he tries to claim it on the xbox store, it says he needs to claim it on the microsoft store, and then it tells him to try and claim it on the...
  3. How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to: I gifting my friend the new consul GTA five online but he has never gotten it and it’s been over three months I think and I cannot refund it or get my money back and it’s never got through to him...
  4. my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work: my friend bought me lego batman 3 deluxe ed, i tried to redeem the gift and it says, “This code wasn’t found- try re-entering it. if the code is damaged, contact the seller. invalid characters are...
  5. Sent Online Gift Copy to Incorrect Email Address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sent Online Gift Copy to Incorrect Email Address: Greetings, I just purchased Minecraft (as a "Gift" on the Minecraft website) for my teenager, and entered in the wrong email address to send it to. Is there a way to reverse this, send it to...
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...: I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do have / in it to complete 25 characters. Please advise 50a27624-e98d-479e-ae5b-15e110057938
  8. how can i redeem a robux gift card that my friend from another country sent?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i redeem a robux gift card that my friend from another country sent?: my friend from America sent me a robux gift card to me but when I tried to redeem it, it said that the currency did not match my account currency, how can i change my Roblox account region so I...
  9. Gift not being sent, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift not being sent, any advice?: My friend bought me a game as a gift through the Xbox store. I have been waiting for a couple hours but haven't received any notifications or emails about the gift. We've restarted our systems and...
  10. Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?: First of all I have no idea about how my account got hacked as the passwords are not saved in the browser. Secondly, for a company like microsoft it is unexpected that they don't even send code to...