My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

Discus and support My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by C Acosta, Apr 7, 2024.

1. C Acosta
    C Acosta Guest

I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to do I’ve messed with the settings a lot and still nothing there are also no audio settings on the monitor. Any help is appreciated thanks!

:)

C Acosta, Apr 7, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series s monitor with 3.5mm speakers

Hi,

Yep, just connect the speakers to the monitor via the 3.5mm audio jack. In fact, this is what I used to do with my previous monitor (my current monitor has built in speakers). Be aware that you'll need a spare plug to power them though.

Anything else you have connected to the monitor (like a PC or a laptop) can also use the same speakers.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

why no audio?

Hi,

Does your Monitor have built in speakers? Unlike TV's, most monitors do have speakers. To get audio, you're going to have either buy a set of PC speakers and connect them to the 3.5mm audio jack on the rear of the display (most gaming monitors have these). Or connect up a set of headphones.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why cant i hear sound from my monitor

There are lots of HP monitors called 'Pavilion' what's your monitor model number?

The vast majority of monitors do not have built in speakers. If your monitor has a 3.5mm audio jack, you'll need to get some external speakers or plug in headphones to get sound.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

i have my xbox series x and im using a game monitor that does not have speakers..is there a way to have sound thats not using headphones?

the monitor i buy was for use of a computer and i have a aditional speakers for the pc and now i want to use the same monitor for the xbox..
    Your monitor should have a 3.5mm audio jack (most do). If you already have speakers that are connected to the audio out on your PC, disconnect them and plug them into the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor. This way you can enjoy sound from both your PC and your console via the same set of speakers, like you would if your display was a TV.

I would also increase the audio output on the monitor settings to 100% once the speakers are connected, they're usually defaulted to 50% and then adjust the volume via the speakers themselves.

@ngocphi: Most monitors, even the 'gaming' ones, don't generally have built in speakers.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when attached to Xbox series S?

Hi, Lori my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's great that you got your son a Koorui monitor with built-in speakers for his Xbox Series S! Getting the audio working shouldn't be too complicated. Here's how you can achieve it:

Confirm HDMI Cable:

Ensure you're using an HDMI cable that supports audio transmission. Not all HDMI cables do, so double-check the cable specifications or its markings to confirm.

Audio Output Settings on Xbox:

Go to Settings > General > TV & audio > Audio output.

Under "Audio output," select "HDMI (Optical/SPDIF)". This should send the audio through the HDMI cable to your monitor's built-in speakers.

Alternatively, try selecting "Headset (Optical/SPDIF)" if your monitor's speakers connect through an optical audio cable.

Monitor Settings:

Check if your monitor has any additional audio settings. Some monitors might need manual activation of built-in speakers or volume adjustments. Consult the monitor's manual or manufacturer's website for specific instructions.

Troubleshooting Tips:

Power Cycle: Turn off both the Xbox and the monitor, wait for a few seconds, and then power them back on. This can sometimes resolve minor glitches.
    Change HDMI Ports: Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on both the Xbox and the monitor.

Hard Reset of Audio Settings: On the Xbox, go to Settings > General > Reset this console. Choose "Reset to factory settings" and select "Keep my games & apps". This will reset all Xbox settings, including audio, to default.
    Additional Notes:

If your Koorui monitor has both HDMI and headphone audio, try switching between them in the monitor's settings to see which works for you.

Some monitors might require additional adapters or audio cables to connect the HDMI audio output to the built-in speakers. Consider consulting the monitor's manual or contacting the manufacturer for specific recommendations.

You can check more detailed information about why the koorui monitor has no sound following the next link:

https://www.mymonitorsgeek.com/koorui-monitor-no-sound/

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
Thema:

1. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out? - Similar Threads - gaming monitor has

2. How do I activate 1440p resolution and 120hz refresh rate on my Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I activate 1440p resolution and 120hz refresh rate on my Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor?: I recently bought a Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor - 27-Inch QHD (2560x1440) 165Hz. I have tried to activate 120 hertz and 1440 resolution but have not been able to do so I tried many different HDMI...
  3. My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.: I stream and sometimes I stream with other players. When I plug in my headset the in-game chat and discord chat only come through my headset so the capture card doesn't get their audio. Is it my...
  4. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  5. Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide: Hello, I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I also do school and work from home. I would...
  6. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  7. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  8. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  9. My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...
  10. My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps: So.. every time I switch from one game to another or just switch from a game to my setting or even Home Screen my monitor will shut off for about 2-3 seconds then switch back on. This isn’t a huge...