My Gamertag was falsely suspended for inappropriate content, and Xbox Support denied my appeal

Discus and support My Gamertag was falsely suspended for inappropriate content, and Xbox Support denied my appeal in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had the same Gamertag for around 15 years, since I first got an Xbox 360. I've never once had an issue with my Gamertag, then on 11/20 I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matt Br., Nov 23, 2023.

1. Matt Br.
    Matt Br. Guest

My Gamertag was falsely suspended for inappropriate content, and Xbox Support denied my appeal

I've had the same Gamertag for around 15 years, since I first got an Xbox 360. I've never once had an issue with my Gamertag, then on 11/20 I was subjected to a suspension and a forced change of my Gamertag.

The suspension notification only mentioned the same generic "Inappropriate content" listed on the Community Guidelines page. After submitting an appeal, all I got was a reply with the same canned list and no context for what suddenly made the only Gamertag I've ever had be "inappropriate" after all this time, and the appeal was denied.

Trying to address the issue with a real person via the support bot went nowhere. Apparently, suspensions aren't eligible for speaking with an actual human in case of a dispute, and there's no way to otherwise engage with someone who might be able to help me on Xbox's support site.

I've had the same Gamertag the entire time I've been an Xbox Live customer. All my achievements and online friends are tied to this account, and the suspension puts an unwarranted strike on my account.

It's incredibly frustrating that someone can just decide out of the blue that there's a problem with my Gamertag, forcibly change it, suspend my account for 2 days, and offer no explanation for the decision and no way to start a conversation about the problem.

I've seen people with Gamertags that include actual slurs or hate speech, but someone felt that my reference to a Homestar Runner cartoon was what's truly harmful to the community and decided to spend their time and resources on that instead.

For anyone from the Xbox team who is able to look into the issue, the ticket number is [mod removed]. Thank you in advance for your time.

:)

Matt Br., Nov 23, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: